Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #14356 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post

Amplifier - The Octopus
This is their first album in 4 years and they've responded with this sprawling double album. Clocking in at just over 2 hours of music this is certainly a hugely ambitious space-rock album. I'm listening to it at the moment and so far my impressions are fairly positive, the music doesn't quite have the heavy guitar crunch of their first 2 albums but the band seem to have expanded their musical horizons a good bit. It will take a few more listens to determine whether this album is a stroke of genius or an exercise in over-ambitious self-indulgence.

I love the first Amplifier album and feel it is severely under rated, yet the second album didn't do a whole lot for me and I did hear rumours that they had split soon after but they are back. Have a link spare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
some more from me, i've been checking out my last.fm recommendations which i have not done for many months.

Tripswitch - Geometry

wonderfully smooth and mellow downtempo electronic

Bushy - Hiya!

more chill electronic goodness

Bajka - In Wonderland

if you've heard Bonobo's newest, you'll know Bajka's voice from tracks such as Days To Come and Walk In The Sky.
this, her solo album, is a jazzy downtempo piece with a similar feel.

I am liking what you are posting here. Especially like Bajka. As you say, her work on Bonobo's Days To Come album is really good. Top post

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote