Music Banter - View Single Post - Crimes Against Music
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #113 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
I'm in agreement with the opinions of Mainstream AOR/CHR/MOR radio, which has developed from what was called The Drake Clock (Developed in The Mid-60's) into a mega monster of boredom and lowest-common-denominator entertainment that killed off the mania and cool of early Rock Radio ("Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio?" by The Ramones is an anthem that's on the target about remembering how cool it once was). Through The 70's, radio lost it's fun, and the biggest pain for me as a kid was hearing stations change formats for the worst (AM stations going Talk or Big Band, FM stations moving from Rock to Easy Listening). The once-cool AM stations going from Rock to Easy Listening in The 70's was the first of many dominoes of the fall of regular Rock Radio.

Still...Internet/Streaming Radio has proven that Radio has outlets for Underground music and all kinds of great sounds from all Genres. I see getting on board The Internet as a way to escape the the Mass Media, and a good way to voice support. "Normal" radio I hardly listen to unless I'm at work. I usually catch Web Radio.
Yes, I love internet-streaming radio. Last.fm is great, and so is Pandora. There are also some more good ones. Do you have any suggestions?
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote