Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #111 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
I also disagree with the mention of Metallica. First things first, I also may not be a fan, but they can play circles around many other bands, and the Classical music adaptations prove where the songs can go beyond the Rock form. The early/Cliff (my opinion, best) days also have proven a MAJOR step for Metal, especially when it concerned breaking Metal away from The Hair Crue and into something with more street-level aggression in The States, where it was really needing something for the longest of times thanks to a group of fans who aligned themselves with Motorhead, Maiden, Diamond Head, and others, usually going into stores ready to sell the latest Imports. Their Post-Black Album releases may have been disappointing, but there's no denying the influence of the early albums.

Verdict: Not Guilty, especially with their '83-'89 releases.
Not to mention that this thread isn't supposed to be about individual bands.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #112 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Screen13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackPat View Post
True. I am mainly speaking about mainstream radio however. Not to mention while some bands get noticed, others get neglected. I find that mediocrity is often more known and praised than genius and artistic value. But I am just be biased. After all, it depends on the person's outlook on what is good and bad, or innovative or monotonous.

I'm in agreement with the opinions of Mainstream AOR/CHR/MOR radio, which has developed from what was called The Drake Clock (Developed in The Mid-60's) into a mega monster of boredom and lowest-common-denominator entertainment that killed off the mania and cool of early Rock Radio ("Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio?" by The Ramones is an anthem that's on the target about remembering how cool it once was). Through The 70's, radio lost it's fun, and the biggest pain for me as a kid was hearing stations change formats for the worst (AM stations going Talk or Big Band, FM stations moving from Rock to Easy Listening). The once-cool AM stations going from Rock to Easy Listening in The 70's was the first of many dominoes of the fall of regular Rock Radio.

Still...Internet/Streaming Radio has proven that Radio has outlets for Underground music and all kinds of great sounds from all Genres. I see getting on board The Internet as a way to escape the the Mass Media, and a good way to voice support. "Normal" radio I hardly listen to unless I'm at work. I usually catch Web Radio.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #113 (permalink)
_____________
 
Cenotaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
I'm in agreement with the opinions of Mainstream AOR/CHR/MOR radio, which has developed from what was called The Drake Clock (Developed in The Mid-60's) into a mega monster of boredom and lowest-common-denominator entertainment that killed off the mania and cool of early Rock Radio ("Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio?" by The Ramones is an anthem that's on the target about remembering how cool it once was). Through The 70's, radio lost it's fun, and the biggest pain for me as a kid was hearing stations change formats for the worst (AM stations going Talk or Big Band, FM stations moving from Rock to Easy Listening). The once-cool AM stations going from Rock to Easy Listening in The 70's was the first of many dominoes of the fall of regular Rock Radio.

Still...Internet/Streaming Radio has proven that Radio has outlets for Underground music and all kinds of great sounds from all Genres. I see getting on board The Internet as a way to escape the the Mass Media, and a good way to voice support. "Normal" radio I hardly listen to unless I'm at work. I usually catch Web Radio.
Yes, I love internet-streaming radio. Last.fm is great, and so is Pandora. There are also some more good ones. Do you have any suggestions?
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #114 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: in a boat with your girlfriend
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissorman View Post
I can't believe nobody mentioned this. I mean, not just Bratz, all plastic toys with a music career are crime against music





don't forget disney and nick stars
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #115 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Read back through the thread. Many of the YouTube videos have been removed by the major corporations that own the record labels the music was released on.

Now that's a crime against music.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #116 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Which I have always found ironic because music videos are basically advertising tools to sell product.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #117 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Which I have always found ironic because music videos are basically advertising tools to sell product.
Exactly. One has to question whether the perceived loss of revenue from unauthorized reposting of videos isn't in reality a gain in the long run.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #118 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

All I know is if I was in a band and my record company put up a video on youtube and a few days later I logged on there & saw another 10 or 15 unauthorised videos up there too I'd be happy about it, not getting into a rage & demanding they be taken down.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #119 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 677
Default

i don't regard anything that's meant for publicity as a crime.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #120 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
All I know is if I was in a band and my record company put up a video on youtube and a few days later I logged on there & saw another 10 or 15 unauthorised videos up there too I'd be happy about it, not getting into a rage & demanding they be taken down.
I'd feel the same way. Exposure is exposure. What irks me more, though, is when bands from the 60s and 70s, some of whom haven't even released their music to mp3 format, are blacklisted from being uploaded to YouTube. As if removing their music from a video website is going to increase their CD sales? Give me a break. If anything at all they should help.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.