Music Banter - View Single Post - Mini-Review The Song Above You
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #542 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Eh, I've heard a lot of artists doing the exact same thing, some doing it better. I mean it's not bad but I wouldn't listen to it ever again. 4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEMGx View Post
Well the "crap" might be crap to YOUR ears, but it might be considered great music by another person.

Haven't you ever heard the expression: "One man's junk is another man's treasure"?
It can apply here too. I could say the things you like are complete crap, but there is something that you obviously like about them that I don't hear.
It's kind of ignorant that you would generalize all the Other R&B/Hip Hop crap, when you most likely haven't heard all of it. If that Music you call crap was indeed crap, it wouldn't be popular today now would it?

If you really want to hear the difference, use something called your ears.
Well for one you're now putting words in his/her mouth. He/she is not saying all r&b/hip hop is crap, he/she is saying all the stuff on the radio is, which is a pretty fair statement to make because mainstream music of any kind (be it rock or rap) is garbage, with very few exceptions.

There's also a connotative meaning that I think you're ignoring just to be argumentative, when people refer to radio hip hop/r&b they're typically referring specifically to crap like 50 cent and all that stuff that is commonly viewed as garbage by people on music message boards, even though artists like Outkast are mainstream they're typically exempt because again, there exceptions to the rule and not what one thinks of when they think of mainstream hip hop/r&b.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote