Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #541 (permalink)
Say something vague
 
Charlemagne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,549
Default

TheFolkSlave I loved that song, I downloaded the album as I was listening to it. It was so smooth and so calming, a great voice too. 10/10

__________________
Charlemagne had eyes like a lover, but last winter there was weather and his eyes they iced right over.

My Last.fm
Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #542 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Eh, I've heard a lot of artists doing the exact same thing, some doing it better. I mean it's not bad but I wouldn't listen to it ever again. 4/10



Quote:
Originally Posted by xEMGx View Post
Well the "crap" might be crap to YOUR ears, but it might be considered great music by another person.

Haven't you ever heard the expression: "One man's junk is another man's treasure"?
It can apply here too. I could say the things you like are complete crap, but there is something that you obviously like about them that I don't hear.
It's kind of ignorant that you would generalize all the Other R&B/Hip Hop crap, when you most likely haven't heard all of it. If that Music you call crap was indeed crap, it wouldn't be popular today now would it?

If you really want to hear the difference, use something called your ears.
Well for one you're now putting words in his/her mouth. He/she is not saying all r&b/hip hop is crap, he/she is saying all the stuff on the radio is, which is a pretty fair statement to make because mainstream music of any kind (be it rock or rap) is garbage, with very few exceptions.

There's also a connotative meaning that I think you're ignoring just to be argumentative, when people refer to radio hip hop/r&b they're typically referring specifically to crap like 50 cent and all that stuff that is commonly viewed as garbage by people on music message boards, even though artists like Outkast are mainstream they're typically exempt because again, there exceptions to the rule and not what one thinks of when they think of mainstream hip hop/r&b.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #543 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Well for one you're now putting words in his/her mouth. He/she is not saying all r&b/hip hop is crap, he/she is saying all the stuff on the radio is, which is a pretty fair statement to make because mainstream music of any kind (be it rock or rap) is garbage, with very few exceptions.

There's also a connotative meaning that I think you're ignoring just to be argumentative, when people refer to radio hip hop/r&b they're typically referring specifically to crap like 50 cent and all that stuff that is commonly viewed as garbage by people on music message boards, even though artists like Outkast are mainstream they're typically exempt because again, there exceptions to the rule and not what one thinks of when they think of mainstream hip hop/r&b.
You say I'm putting words in his mouth, yet you make his argument for him, not knowing what he meant by it, just assume it. He could be talking about anyone, and made a pretty broad statement by saying that other crap like Kanye sounds the same, that could be referring to anyone, not just stuff that gets radio play. I'm just saying it was stupid statement to make in a music forum, where there is guaranteed to be some Hip Hop/R&B fans, especially acting surprised.
"There are Kanye West fans on a music forum in 2010? I'm shocked"

:
Song Review

Pretty heavy ****! It takes a while to get into, but it's not of the best quality. (not sure if it's intentional) I will be looking for more of their work. 8/10


Last edited by Insane Guest; 12-24-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #544 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEMGx View Post
You say I'm putting words in his mouth, yet you make his argument for him, not knowing what he meant by it, just assume it. He could be talking about anyone, and made a pretty broad statement by saying that other crap like Kanye sounds the same, that could be referring to anyone, not just stuff that gets radio play. I'm just saying it was stupid statement to make in a music forum, where there is guaranteed to be some Hip Hop/R&B fans, especially acting surprised.
"There are Kanye West fans on a music forum in 2010? I'm shocked"
How am I putting words in his mouth? He clearly stated here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
I mean I just don't hear the difference between Kanye and the other R&B/Hip-hop 'crap' that's on the radio nowadays.
I don't like the style anyway, I'm just trying to understand what's different about Kanye, as I don't hear it. Hoped someone could explain it to me. And that happened. So please move on .
Seems to me that him saying "on the radio" means it is just the stuff that gets radio play, but maybe I'm putting words in his mouth in assuming that by radio they meant what is commonly thought of as a radio. I don't know man I thought the argument and statements they were making were easy to understand. I guess I don't have your linguistic and psychological knowledge of shit that's posted on the internet though so I'm probably full of shit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music

Last edited by sleepy jack; 12-24-2010 at 10:55 PM.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #545 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

He could just be assuming that all "crap" that is on the radio is Hip Hop/R&B, not even knowing what actually plays on it, just for making a statement against the music.
But whatever, **** it, it just always entertains me to argue with s_k.
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #546 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I think he's pretty explicitly referring to the hip hop/r&b which is played on the radio, not assuming that everything played on the radio is hip hop/r&b. You got all pissed at me for 'assuming' and now you're doing the same thing. I don't know why it would surprise you that someone's heard 50 Cent before though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #547 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

It doesn't surprise me, and I know that I am making assumptions, but for all I know, he could be talking about Dutch Radio, I just wanted to get his thoughts.
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #548 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

You know Western music isn't just popular in the United States and United Kingdom right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #549 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Insane Guest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,320
Default

...And none of those artists have fans that respect them and/or have threads on this site?
Ok, well I made an assumption and dragged this a lot more than it needed it to be, I'll shut up now. I see what you mean though, but still think his statement was with with some ignorance behind it.
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #550 (permalink)
Rocket Appliances
 
DoctorSoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,334
Default

@xEMGx Not my thing at all 2/10.

DoctorSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.