Music Banter - View Single Post - Surreptitiously, However...
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Some great songs posted here. I have a soft spot for Felt. I had never heard Felt's masterful rendition of Crucifix Heaven which reminds me of Andres Segovia's mysterious flamenco & Spanish classical guitar instrumentals. I'm guessing that the guitarist on Crucifix Heaven is the classically trained Maurice Deebank who played second lead guitar behind Felt frontman and first guitarist, Lawrence Hayward.

Quite a few people think Haywood's electric guitar playing resembles that of Television's Tom Verlaine who is represented on your Torn Curtain selection. I've read that Haywood worshiped Verlaine's songwriting and guitar playing & his twin guitar attack with Maurice Deebank was a tribute to Tom Verlaine & Richard Lloyd's dueling guitars in Television.

At first glance, when I saw VEGANGELICA's picture of Florence, I thought I was looking at a wide angled shot of Prague, another European city that has preserved much of it's time 19th Century, Old World architectural charm. I'm posting a wide angle shot the red roofs of Prague to show the remarkable similarities to the photo of Florence. Prague is untouched by the 20th Century advent of monolithic skyscrapers and the wide traffic boulevards of many European cities.