Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

For Dayvan Cowboy

The Knife in collaboration with Mt. Sims and Planningtorock - Tomorrow, In a Year

This is an ambient/electronica album written as the soundtrack to an opera based on Darwin's Origin of Species. I think you'll enjoy the obvious aspects to the album, but that the opera will be something different for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
i figured since you (Pedestrian) replied first i'd send something real tasty

for Pedestrian:
DEVO - Duty Now For The Future

Haha, I have always known Whip It, and as a result, never thought I would be listening to this band with the serious intent of enjoying them, until I came to this website and saw a number of people appreciating their work. I told myself to give them a shot, but hadn't had a starting point, so this was a welcome recommendation. Duty Now was surprising, but without dispelling the humour I expected from Whip It. This was a fun album with lots of gems (favourite being Strange Pursuit). This band is more to me than my high school teachers dressed up in blue wigs performing with whisks to Whip It at a pep rally now!
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote