Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad View Post

Portuguese post-punk, I've raved about the band in my thread. If anyone's interested just let me know.
please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post

Haha, I have always known Whip It, and as a result, never thought I would be listening to this band with the serious intent of enjoying them, until I came to this website and saw a number of people appreciating their work. I told myself to give them a shot, but hadn't had a starting point, so this was a welcome recommendation. Duty Now was surprising, but without dispelling the humour I expected from Whip It. This was a fun album with lots of gems (favourite being Strange Pursuit). This band is more to me than my high school teachers dressed up in blue wigs performing with whisks to Whip It at a pep rally now!
that sounds dreadful....no wonder you stayed away....Strange Pursuit is a great song...and yeah there are many sides to Devo's music....but all of them have a great quirky sense of humor which just makes them fun....glad you liked them

another spud to the pile
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote