Music Banter - View Single Post - What is happening with MB?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 02:17 AM   #75 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
As tore says, individual members could post more constructive threads to encourage discussion, which is the way a forum works, no ? The quality of the posts is entirely in the hands of the members. His Prog and Fusion Album Club, for instance, is an excellent format for discussion, with just enough structure to ensure that everyone is on the same page. I`m surprised it`s the only one in MB.
Thank you Lisnaholic I'm happy to say that Ethan (Sleepy Jack) has just made a hip hop album club so now there are two! Everyone who like hip hop should check it out!

http://www.musicbanter.com/rap-hip-h...lbum-club.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
So, instead of posting a one-liner or constantly trying to be funny (i'm not saying you shouldn't be yourself, I'm just saying be aware of how much you do it) really approach the discussions as a writer or an opinionated party. Ask yourself before each post, "will this help the topic or am I just posting this for the lulz?"

And MB is still great, by the way
Very good point there, Conan

Sometimes when I write PMs to people explaining why I've deleted their posts or threads, I summarize a similar message by writing that if you have something interesting to write, then write it and if you don't, then don't. By write, I of course mean putting some kind of effort into conveying your ideas, emotions or whatever it is you want to communicate across the forum.