Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #3342 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
LOL. Just a couple quick things:
  1. "Heroine" is a female hero, "heroin" is the drug.
  2. Most people who use heroin don't shoot it. Comparing that to drinking one beer is apples and oranges.
  3. I said alcohol was more addictive than most illegal drugs, not all of them. Heroin and meth are hardly the only other drugs in the world.
  4. The effects of alcohol addiction can be very serious indeed, just as serious and something like heroin or meth.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not anti-alcohol and I'm not pro-heroin. I just think people are often too quick to base their assessments on drug dangers off of myths, instead of actually looking at things objectively.
Thanks for the grammar clarification, accidentally added an extra letter in there. Obviously meth and heroin are not the only 2 illegal drugs on Earth, but 'harder' drugs is primarily what I was referring too. Also, everything I know about heroin tells me that injection is the most popular form of using heroin.

I'm just not worried about becoming addicted to alcohol. I have drank it many, many times, and I am not addicted. I have been cutting down on smoking too. Mind-altering drugs aren't something I am nearly as interested in anymore as I was and the risk of addiction is not worth the high for me to want to try anything more than shrooms or weed
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote