Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #95 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I prefer Tyler, the Creator's egotism to that song Matious posted. I never even said they were better, I acknowledged that was personal opinion. Again, if your beef is egotistical rapping about sexual prowess you can basically attack any rapper. I mean, sure, it's a valid critique but uh, yeah it's not remotely unique. I never said the lyrics made him unique (particularly on that track) or different from most rappers. All I said was I think Tyler did it better.
My beef isn't egoistical rapping, it's the overall finished product. I don't feel like any part of it is good at all.

Quote:
I wasn't even trying to argue that one is objectively better then the other (or more "quality" in your words) in my post. I was arguing that there were aesthetic and sonic differences, which you've pretty snidely written off (I mean "you've certainly done a lot of writing there?" Really? All I was doing was comparing the two songs and explaining why they're different, liked you asked.) I don't really see the point in arguing with you if you're just going to be as glib and arrogant as possible.
Ethan, I wrote an entire paragraph discussing a single song, that's hardly glib. And I have to say I don't appreciate the repeated insults in your posts. I would think a former mod would realize that's not cool.

Quote:
The last part of your argument is basically "it's lo-fi, with synthesizers and rapping therefore it's similar" but that's like saying "Oh Led Zeppelin uses guitars, bass and drum and so do the Beatles, it's similar."
No, not really. I was actually pointing out pretty specific things about the two songs, that's hardly the vague statement you're making it out to be.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote