Music Banter - View Single Post - Orgasm In Journal Form-A James Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

In addition to the Dagger Paths ep, the Forest Swords released Rattling Cage which is a 2 song single released in June. One of the reasons the Swords are under the radar is they've only recorded the five song Dagger Paths e.p. and a few impressive singles on an obscure NYC based indie label. I'm embedding the single Rattling Cage to give your readers an idea of what the Forest Swords sound like. The chiming of the synthesizer near the beginning of the song, reminds me of the sound of those xylophone type instruments used to play Balinese gemelan music.

I know very little about Forest Swords but they have a great studio sound. I'm not even sure if there's one or two lead guitarists in the band. It could be the same guy playing double tracked leads. The guitars leads have the kind of reverb soaked, acid burned psychedelic sound that I've always loved. The is a bit of a traditional Celtic folk influence in some of the the guitar riffs.

I listen to a lot of music, and rare ones that sound unlike any of the other ones are the ones that really grab my attention.