Music Banter - View Single Post - The future of Music? (big question)
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #64 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I agree. The fact that I can record a full length album for a few hundred dollars in my bedroom if I have the instruments already means that music you and I love will always be around. That didnt use to be the case.
THIS. this is also why there was such a huge boom of bands in the 60s. technology became affordable and it shows no signs of abating.

i don't see how regionalization is detrimental to the independent musician. perhaps detrimental to the independent who wants to live like they're the pop star du jour or dreaming they might become rock stars like it's still the 70s. if you're honestly playing because you honestly want to play then it won't matter. if you're playing because you want to do it for a living, shut the hell up, and sell the fock out. otherwise the reality is, you WILL be working a day job, and your 'tour' won't happen unless you and the other guys in the band can all get time off at the same time, and even then you'll be paying for everything. it's not because the mainstream sucks, it's not because your band isn't good, it's because your band isn't that good.

as for having to dig through crap to find gold, it's always been that way, sure the internet makes it exponentially more time consuming but we've already started establishing systems to cut through the rubbish. by the time it proliferates to the mainstream there will be plenty of other systems in place to help listeners sort through the trash to find what they like most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote