Music Banter - View Single Post - The future of Music? (big question)
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #69 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I don't really see how you come to the conclusion that if there's more music available on the internet and it's easier to put your music up there how it becomes easier to find good music. Where exactly are these filters people speak of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
As for finding out bands influences, I don't really see how that answers my point. I'm not talking about signed bands that have records out. I'm talking about people who are forced to put their own stuff out because no label will touch them.
Well heres one example, Blogs. I visit a lot of blogs on a daily basis because the people running them review then post links to bands that are often unsigned and unknown. Now I have a much better chance at liking what I download because these people clearly have similar tastes and influences as myself.

Last FM/Pandora and lots of other music services have small self released stuff on there not just big label stuff. I see your point in listening to more ****ty stuff, but as you become better at navigating the Internets music resources I think your chances of finding something you like also grow exponentially.

And hell what about this website, I know the members that have certain tastes, so if they recommend something theirs a good chance I will like it.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote