Music Banter - View Single Post - Wire's 100 Albums That Set The World On Fire (while no one was listening)
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

I've heard Son House - Father of the Delta Blues: The Complete 1965 Sessions and although he may not be well known now I do know that he was a very prominent and influential bluesman. So I don't really know if you could say "nobody was listening", but I'm glad it made the list.

I've also heard Dancing in Your Head by Ornette Coleman. It's one of my favorite Coleman records, actually.

Of course I've heard Bad Brains self-titled. Again, I don't think this is a lost treasure. It's a treasure all right, but it was highly influential and remains popular today.

I also wouldn't say Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed was anything particularly good. Maybe it didn't deserve the critical bashing it got, because after all it was an experimental album, but I don't consider it a lost treasure as it was quite high profile to begin with.

Overall I think this list contained some interesting write ups and I'm looking forward to checking out some of them.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote