Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Musical Stages of Life
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Default Your Musical Stages of Life

Not sure if there is a thread like this, didn't really know what to search for to find out. But I wanted to see everyone's musical stages they went through as they have aged. Feel free to be as in-depth or basic as you like. I know what a lot of people here listen to, but I am interested in what you used to listen to as well, it's pretty interesting sometimes. Even if it's embarrassing.

5th Grade: I remember listening to Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, and Korn. My best friend was Korn fan. I also remember wearing FUBU and Independent T-Shirts...and having dyed hair. Significant Other by Limp Bizkit was on heavy repeat through middle school.

Middle School: Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, Staind's Break the Cycle, Will Smith's Big Willie Style & Willennium. Along with more Limp Bizkit. Also a lot of Blink 182.

I got Jiggy.

9th and 10th grade: Oasis, mainly What's the Story Morning Glory, and everything by Nirvana. Also a lot of System of a Down's Toxicity. Still know every song on that album, I loved it.

11th and 12th grade: 90s one hit wonders, fell in love with Brand New, also listened to Taking Back Sunday after years of making fun of their fans, other bands like Armor For Sleep, Senses Fail, Bayside, etc. I was like an emo-jock. Senior year listened to mainly Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, and then started listening Alkaline Trio

By far my two most listened to CDs through high school:

Freshman year of college: Heavy, heavy doses of Alkaline Trio.

Sophomore year: Introduced to the golden era of rap, started at first by listening to a lot of Biggie, Nas, and Deltron.

Ever since: 90s rap mainly. MF Doom, Nas, Biggie, Tupac, Mobb Deep, Eminem, Wu Tang Clan, Mos Def, Immortal Technique, etc

-I'll be editing this post as I think of other bands I liked a lot back in the day.

Last edited by Dirty; 01-21-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote