Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Musical Stages of Life
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
clutnuckle
Music Addict

This is all that I can say, in the most understandable form possible:

0-11: RADIOS ARE PLAYING STATIC I WANT TO DRAW ON PAPER THERE'S A GUITAR FROM WHEN I WAS 6 IN THE CLOSET AND I HAVEN'T TUNED IT IN A MERE HUNDRED FORTNIGHTS!!! AHH, CHILDHOOD IGNORANCE!

12-13: Discovery of Green Day leads one down the road of the faithful 'punk law upholder', having yr. ideals reupholstered by fellows on the Runescape forums who say "Green Day is AWFUL... Nirvana is wayyy better" is a terrible way to come to terms with yr. lack of musical knowledge, but it suits the situation well. Where did all of this Billy Talent and AC/DC come from? I dunno, but your dad sure likes the latter, and listening to it on the radio while riding to school every morning is too much fun.

14-17: Everything goes a rye. You discover Pink Floyd, and in that very moment, you have cheated yourself out of the beauty of childhood arrogance. No more will you listen to music personally on its artistic merits, but you will form an unquenchable thirst based on an endless pursuit of understanding more. Your shell of ignorance, she's gone, but so is your bliss. Ignorance is bliss. Without the ignorance, there is no bliss. In a perpetual state of commotion and chaos, constantly diving your toes into new things, understanding new textures n' colors, WHERE DO LED ZEPPELIN'S GUITAR SOUNDS COME FROM!?!?!? What is this 'hipster term'? Man Man, great band! Phish are solid as well... Animal Collective - I heard they're hipsters but oh wait, their music means the world to me so HERE WE COME! What? Music gets more obscure than simply indie? Rating things? Why put numbers on things? Oh well - I join in the charade, at least for the current moment. Stars of the Lid - thank you, I found peace with my inner self and I don't want to move for a while. Bob Dylan, no thank you for now but I will seek out your wisdom when the days grow drearier. I don't want to be a poet but I'd like to wax poetic - I can't not be upset with this situation, can I?
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote