Music Banter - View Single Post - Confess Your Little Quirks
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #56 (permalink)
dankrsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
When I'm alone I will cry at just about anything on TV. It's kind of liberating.
Ha...I do this sometimes too. Then, afterwards I wonder "What just happened?" But, yes it helps the accumulated frustrations to come out.

I've noticed I had more of these totally nonsensical quirks when I was younger, like when turning up the volume on TV it had to be on 5, or at least some odd number; checking about 100 times if my wallet is in my bag when I'm out etc. I can't even remember all of them now because I totally lost them, to the point that I will now sometimes forget to bring my wallet when going out. I have become more disorganized. For example, I'll make a list of things to buy and then I will not bring that list with me. I do this every time. I guess that's my new quirk. I honestly cannot decide which is worse, being too neat in certain things, like I was before (which kind of brought unnecessary pressure on my mind) or being this disorganized and absent-minded. It's liberating and frustrating at the same time.

But, I do have one annoying relatively new quirk that I can't get rid of. Before going to sleep, I check about ten times if the entry door is locked. And then just as I lie down in bed I get up and check once more. I do this every night.