Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Memorable Moments in Sports
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I've always been an Owens fan and he is definitely better than Moss in my opinion.
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I've been arguing Moss over Rice for years actually (which I know sounds like blasphemy, but I stand by that). The point is that there has never been an athlete like Moss to come into the league, ever, and there likely won't be for the forseeable future. His measurables are out of this world. He came in with a 50+ vertical and 4.2 speed, while being 6'4. There just isn't a way to cover that. Add in his hands and boundary awareness and the guy truly is a freak.

It's not a coincidence that he's played on the two highest scoring offenses of all time. Even when he's not making big catches he can completely take over games because he always requires special attention. Yes, TO has physicality over him, but frankly it doesn't really matter when you are so dominant in a certain asect of the game that you completely take the top off the defense everytime you're on the field. And he wasn't strictly about the long ball, although it was definitely his main draw.

And I'm speaking in the past tense because he's at one of those points in his career where he's clearly not trying right now. We've seen it before and we'll see it again. I have no doubts that if he wants to play again, he will go right back to dominating.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote