Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Memorable Moments in Sports
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Moss over RICE??? Man, I can't take anyone over Rice, ever. He is like the Michael Jordan or Gretzky of receivers.

I used to be a Moss over Owens guy, but after a point I couldn't defend his extreme lack of effort anymore. If Randy TRIED as hard as TO, he probably would be the greatest WR ever. He is a total freak, to be that tall and that fast with those leaps is just something we might not ever see again. And part of his game is being lazy cause he'll jog down field 4 times and then the 5th time he will accelerate and he'll blow by anyone. Those years in Minnesota were awesome, I still look up some of those highlight reels. Culpepper just bombing it to Randy and it was just impossible to overthrow him. He's the best deep ball WR ever, by far, but he just doesn't try half the time. Both are awesome future Hall-of-Famers but I gotta go with TO for his sheer toughness and more versatility at the position. When Owens came back from that broken leg with the Eagles to play in the superbowl, it made me a TO fan for life.
Lol, yep. I'm not a big stats guy at all, so I don't put much emphasis into Rice's records. I mean just look at the QBs the guy had throwing to him. I also disagree with Gretzky being the best hockey player but that's another story.

Moss does have character issues, there's no denying that. And yes he has been caught dogging it on plays when he's not happy. However, when he's in a situation he likes, there is no questioning his work ethic, and the guy is near impossible to stop. And he's done it enough times and in enough different places for me to label him as the best.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote