Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #100 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
I don't believe you let the door close on the person, no. And I'm not standing for that person from before.

edit :

See this is where I would be different. That person was rude. I would probably say something about how rude they are and how people like them don't deserve to have the door held open for them. It's never happened to me, though. It just seems like you would let that person think it's okay to be so rude, and I would never handle a situation like that in just an easygoing manner. I don't care if someone has had a bad day, I don't care, I did not do anything to deserve that, and I went out of my way to hold the door open for them. I do it all of the time, it's just something I think is right.
The buzz person held the door open for someone and when they told him not to, he let go. The fact that he's happy it hit her is not something I'm okay with, but the fact that she was so rude for no reason and then ended up getting hit with the door? Her fault. She should have picked a better ****ing time to say she didn't want the door open. That actually genuinely angers me that the bitch was so rude. I get you're not handicapped, I get you can open the door by yourself, but you can at least appreciate the fact that I chose to hold the door open for you. It doesn't show you're independent, it shows you're an unappreciative ****.
God I just got myself so angry. lol.
I really had no emotion when she got hit with the door. I wasn't jumping for joy, but I also was not shedding any tears saying sorry to her for it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum View Post
I never understood why the door holding thing is such a big deal, you should hold it for someone just out of politeness, I can't see why it'd be a slight on my gender if someone holds the door open for me. I do the same for them. It's dumb.
That is how I look at it. I hold the door for both genders because it is the polite thing to do. She felt that I was holding the door for her because she was a woman and I did not think she could do it herself. Not the reason at all.
Last night at work. I was walking out of the building and 4 girls were walking I had 4 boxes in my hand and heard them coming I couldn't use my hand so I stopped and used my foot while standing on my bad knee. They said I didn't have to do that and I said I know. There are times I do not because I am in my own world and the door winds up hitting someone, but then I say sorry to them.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote