Music Banter - View Single Post - The White Stripes
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #553 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
I have like a post count of 700 in the span of 3 months. I don't know how you'd miss my presence. I'm a part of an album club, and running another. To insinuate I'm a troll is not only out of line, but completely ignorant. Besides, my topic wasn't trolling at all.

It was simply stating my opinion that I felt Elephant wasn't that good of an album, and that the White Stripes breaking up wasn't heartbreaking because they are years since starting to run low on gas. How this would get a rise out of anybody, I don't know. It's obvious that I wasn't trying to bash Jack White to get a reaction, as I supply both compliments, and criticisms.

Elephant just feels flat, and generic. Maybe that's why it was such a breakout but it never felt very lively. White Blood Cells was very clever in the way it was put together, and recorded. It had a very different vibe. Elephant was just generic bluesy rock, and not particularly good generic bluesy rock. Seven Nation Army is a decent song, but once you realize it's basically the same riff for 20 minutes, albeit it's a good riff, it loses it's appeal.
I know that on music sites, the line between Hipster and Troll is thinner than a 13 year-olds mustache but you've got some major balls taking offense to being called a Troll and making a statement like the one I've bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Big3 is a fanboy. He refuses to accept the obvious
Call me what you will, but you've said the first album was "gold." Not even this fanboi will go that far.