|04-17-2006, 07:36 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2006
The White Stripes - De Stijl
1. Your Pretty Good Lookin' (For a Girl)
2. Hello Operator
3. Little Bird
4. Apple Blossom
5. I'm Bound to Pack It Up - 4/5
6. Death Letter - 3.5/5
7. Sister Do You Know My Name? - 4/5
8. Truth Doesn't Make a Noise - 4/5
9. A Boy's Best Friend - 3.75/5
10. Let's Build A Home - RETARDED, but 2/5
11. Jumble, Jumble - 4/5
12. Why Can't You Be Nicer To Me - 4.5/5
13. Your Southern Can Is Mine - .5/5
Listen to songs from this album?
"Your Pretty Good Lookin'" is an average song for the White Stripes. In my opinion, not a very good song to start out the album. But, it does feature some fairly good lyrical composition and Meg's usual (thump, thump, thump) to identify it as a Stripes song. - 3/5
"Hello Operator" was a classic Stripes work, featuring one of Jack's infamous lyrical peices, and giving a nice second start for the album. Meg goes crazy in this one, actually forming leads and doing something on her percussion (thump is this time on the symbol). Great song but in relation to the CD, was unneaded, and should have been released on a different album or released as a single.- 4.5/5Sry guys, no time to write reviews for all the songs, editing in two or three songs a day.
Don't write posts on this review against me personally, and if you did please delete them! I'm a little new to writing reviews, so if you see something that you don't like, PM ME!