Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

OMG I can't belive theirs other people who listen to Elliott Smith, I thought i was the only one. Either/Or is amazing album, in fact a bought an acoustic guitar after hearing it.
Not a bad track on the album.
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I like you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaine white View Post
i'm not sure how i feel about XO.
that's the first one i got.

it's good.
but perhaps i need to listen to it more to appreciate it.

that's usually how things go.
XO is a good album but not a good introduction to Elliott's music. Songs like Baby Britan are good but i perfer when it's just Elliott playing guitar and maybe some drums. If your new to Elliott Smith's music i get Either/Or or his selftitled album
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:03 AM   #34 (permalink)
Hyperkinetic Rabbitything
 
Mr Sensitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In the Noodle Mines
Posts: 811
Default

Either/Or is definitely his best album, I can't get into his later stuff.
__________________
Mr Sensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
XO is a good album but not a good introduction to Elliott's music. Songs like Baby Britan are good but i perfer when it's just Elliott playing guitar and maybe some drums. If your new to Elliott Smith's music i get Either/Or or his selftitled album
I think Bled White can be a good intro.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I think From a Basement on the Hill is the best introduction to his music. It not only contains some of his best acoustic work (Let's Get Lost, Twilight) it contains his best electric work (King's Crossing, Pretty Ugly Before, Coast to Coast) and some of his best songs ever (basically look what I listed and there's others I could add like a Distorted Reality is Now a Necessity to be Free.) It's a very rough album and the people in charge of it messed up but its a very solid collection of songs and its the only album that I think sums up his career because it touches on a bit of everything he's done.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I think From a Basement on the Hill is the best introduction to his music. It not only contains some of his best acoustic work (Let's Get Lost, Twilight) it contains his best electric work (King's Crossing, Pretty Ugly Before, Coast to Coast) and some of his best songs ever (basically look what I listed and there's others I could add like a Distorted Reality is Now a Necessity to be Free.) It's a very rough album and the people in charge of it messed up but its a very solid collection of songs and its the only album that I think sums up his career because it touches on a bit of everything he's done.
I think your forgetting "don't go down" on the electric work.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

And Shooting Star too, damn I now want to listen to basement.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
And Shooting Star too, damn I now want to listen to basement.
I'm in the mood for Figure 8.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
Diskobox
 
Lizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaul43 View Post
XO > Either/Or
That said, Either/Or is still amazing.
XO is probably my least favorite Eliott Smith album by far...
It just doesn't really compare to Either/Or,
or any of his other ones
__________________
white and black, are you looking for the sun boy?
the sun doesn't shine down here, no, not in the shadow
Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.