Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

lol wow, duh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #42 (permalink)
n/a
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
So something being more personal makes it more emotional?
I feel embarrassed even replying to this.
pheurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #43 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Oh, and:
XO>FABOTH>Either Or>Roman Candle>Elliott Smith>Figure 8. I don't really like Figure 8 much, maybe it deserves another listen.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
So something being more personal makes it more emotional?
yeh that's what i'm saying. The song is great and revealing. But it's not as personal as him playing a guitar with him singing like he's playing just for you. Roman Candle gives you hat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

I wanna' hat! Anyway having bad production doesn't make something raw. King's Crossing is pretty clearly putting his emotions on display.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
I wanna' hat! Anyway having bad production doesn't make something raw. King's Crossing is pretty clearly putting his emotions on display.
Um yeh it does. And i still don't get King's Crossing. :\
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Uh, no it doesn't. So I guess lo-fi is the rawest you can get (I suppose it is, in a literal sense). What don't you like about it?
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #48 (permalink)
Ghost man on First!
 
NoseClams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 130
Default

well i have now listened to: Elliott Smith, XO, FABOTH, and Figure 8. I didnt dislike any of albums but figure 8 just didnt do anything for me. some of this is just a little too depressing for my taste. it is very evident that he had some demons he was dealing.

for me its:
XO>Elliott Smith>FABOTH>Figure 8....and eventually i will check out 'Roman Candle' and 'either or'
__________________
"Alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems"
- Homer Simpson

http://www.last.fm/user/NoseClams/
NoseClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #49 (permalink)
n/a
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
Um yeh it does. And i still don't get King's Crossing. :\


KC



Still don't get it?
pheurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseClams View Post
well i have now listened to: Elliott Smith, XO, FABOTH, and Figure 8. I didnt dislike any of albums but figure 8 just didnt do anything for me. some of this is just a little too depressing for my taste. it is very evident that he had some demons he was dealing.

for me its:
XO>Elliott Smith>FABOTH>Figure 8....and eventually i will check out 'Roman Candle' and 'either or'
<3. You will like Either/Or. I can feel it.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.