Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

yeh i guess im the only one on the site that is waiting for it be actually released so i can buy it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

When is that date. I have to say, I'm generally that ass that decry's them as Radiohead lite, but this new single might in fact "be the balls dude."

I love when songs reduce you to broham meatheads...live TV on the Radio.

But Seriously, I'd prefer you would review it. Put it in this thread, theres nothing wrong with a second opinoin, in fact its probably more beneficial.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15Steps View Post
well this review isn't biased at all.
so cuz i'm a coldplay fan its biased? you want me to review x&y cuz i'll rip it apart.
winigwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 27
Default

i heard the single on MTV...

really wasn't too impressed.. x and y was f*cking kick ass.. dunno bout this one..
__________________
I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness
djkikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
There's no reason why you can't still do that. After all, we have 2 threads reviewing the discography of King Crimson.
and Population Override - Buckethead.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Groupie
 
staralfur15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: As far away from you as possible
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Well, the song Viva La Vida is itself disappointing imo so I'm not overwhelmingly excited about the remainder at this stage.
I don't know if its just me, but it seems like the melody from that Viva la Vida is very similar to the French singer Alizee's song J'en Ai Marre. Youtube it if you want. There is also a multiple-voice chorus present at the end of each song. What do you guys think?
staralfur15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2
Default

This album is a clear 'grower.' Each time I listen to it, I enjoy it twice as much
Talking Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3
Default

i guess coldplay is alright, although they get way too much credit for "creating" a sound that Radiohead has already pioneered...
Mafioosnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
bsmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California
Posts: 179
Default

All big bands get accused of stealing... and there was already some crazy (IMO) accusation against coldplay. but this was pretty shocking to me. YouTube - Did Coldplay copy Joe Satriani?
I didn't buy the album, maybe it's credited?
__________________
a music nazi....is still a nazi
bsmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Funny you say that because the same thing has been accused with a song by the Creaky Boards...

Did Coldplay steal the "Viva la Vida" melody? // Current
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.