Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Yeah but it was done with style & panache, which is why it's still open.

Anyway I the same thing with 100 things I didn't like, and some people tell me it's their favourite thread on the entire forum.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Anyway I the same thing with 100 things I didn't like, and some people tell me it's their favourite thread on the entire forum.
Yes, but yours were tongue in cheek at times, and done with a sense of humility. This thread reeks of pretentiousness and overvalued self worth.
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
lieasleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 355
Default

oh i thought it was goofy and stupid, i love indie hardcore but i can still laugh when something is funny, don't be so self-righteous
lieasleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieasleep View Post
oh i thought it was goofy and stupid, i love indie hardcore but i can still laugh when something is funny, don't be so self-righteous
If it were made by anyone else it would be funny, but Comus actually believes what he says.
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Unrepentant Ass-Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
Yes, but yours were tongue in cheek at times, and done with a sense of humility. This thread reeks of pretentiousness and overvalued self worth.
i could have this all wrong but for some reason i thought Comus was trying to make a joke. how silly of me.

nice photoshop by the way, dude.
__________________
first.am
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
i could have this all wrong but for some reason i thought Comus was trying to make a joke. how silly of me.

nice photoshop by the way, dude.
It's both. Yes, it's a joke, but it really is Comus' view on Indie music.
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Unrepentant Ass-Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,920
Default

so what? Urban's list definitely had his views firmly planted in his thread. what's so terrible about Comus that makes this any different?

stop being so sensitive, dude.
__________________
first.am
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
so what? Urban's list definitely had his views firmly planted in his thread. what's so terrible about Comus that makes this any different?

stop being so sensitive, dude.
Alright w/e.

I am curious to see why he used MGMT who aren't so much indie darlings as they are flavors of the month as opposed to NMH, Radiohead, and Animal Collective who's indie reputations are long lasting and firmly established.
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Unrepentant Ass-Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,920
Default

probably because he thought they were garbage, like the rest of the bands in the lovely album art.

and he's got a point, you know. it wasn't until 2004/5 that ITAOTS actually saw any hype at all, curated courtesy of the fuckers Pissfork and co. (who re-evaluated the album and summarily deleted the original review). manufactured hype with the expense of irresponsible journalism.
__________________
first.am
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
probably because he thought they were garbage, like the rest of the bands in the lovely album art.

and he's got a point, you know. it wasn't until 2004/5 that ITAOTS actually saw any hype at all, curated courtesy of the fuckers Pissfork and co. (who re-evaluated the album and summarily deleted the original review). manufactured hype with the expense of irresponsible journalism.
I've never listened Oracular Spectacular, so I couldn't tell you. Yeah Aeroplane is overhyped, but it was a fairly unknown indie album. Without Pitchfork, the album wouldn't have reached the ears of many of its fans. Do you really think every person that likes Aeroplane likes it simply because Pitchfork hyped it? Do you really think that many people even read online music reviews? I have 3 or 4 friends that like it and I would guarantee that none of them have ever even heard of pitchfork.
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.