Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 03:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Essex/Leeds
Posts: 5
Default

Could never really decide how I felt about this album, I wanted to like it because I love a couple of tracks, but I completely agree with you here
__________________
Last.Fm
BeerAndBeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
appleghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 178
Default

It gets a little repetitive for me. Some of the songs are really good, but the album is a little too long.

Last edited by appleghost; 10-26-2012 at 05:48 AM.
appleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,864
Default

I understand why people keep calling him an under-talented song-writer but I'm glad he doesn't belt out long verses and choruses and stuff. I think his minimalist approach is just perfect.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleghost View Post
It gets a little repetitive for me. Some of the songs are really good, but the album is a little to long.
You probably don't use this site anymore but the albums only about 38 minutes? Grow a pair.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
appleghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Groove View Post
You probably don't use this site anymore but the albums only about 38 minutes? Grow a pair.
HEY.
It being repetitive doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the album length. When I wrote that comment, I was referring to the sounds and synths he uses, as well as the way many of the songs are structured. This made me get a little bored towards the end of the album.

I've listened to it a lot since then, and I've dug deeper into the layers and the songs themselves, and I don't feel that the album is "too repetitive" anymore, as I've gotten to know the individual songs better.
appleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.