|12-22-2012, 11:00 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2012
Black Lab~ 'Best Of The MP3 Of The Month Club'
Feral CD Review ~BlackLab's Best of MP3's~~
1. Walk This Road- The beat that starts, gets you going immediately. It's a sexy, lovely story full of determination. Tambourine compliments tempo/beat. Creepy end.
2. Mercy- I like the singing/talk and how it builds into song. The strings are great. Violins and Cello? Keyboard? "I see you pregnant, suckin' on a Tall Boy and a Cigarette" I get a picture of that chick in my head lol! (she's a blond)
3. Let It Shine- Nice upbeat tempo. Great to listen to while walking. He sings high and accompanied by Kristin Kelly they make the KellyDurham Choir. Beautiful!! I love Kristins voice and she and Paul really compliment each other. Song ends abruptly. Perfect!!
4. Radio Tonight- "I hear Andy!" It sounds like Andy Ellis adds his techno genious. Some quick fingerin' going on. I love the ends echo/fade.
5. Criminal- Ok, this song is interesting! It's just a tad different from the version I know by heart. It's very slight but fun to re-learn anyway! :-P
6. A New World- Just you and the accoustic guitar, the squeal of the strings, It's very comfortable. I can sing along and it sounds just like you & I & guitar. Very 'close to people' song. Would be best heard live in a small setting. (hint-hint)
7. Trace- I can feel this story. The words are very emotional. I can hear the sadness in his voice. Do I hear some echo in the back-up singers? Maybe.
8. Candlelight- The very low, guitar beginning is very mysterious. Then it guides us into what I refer to as "****ing Sweet!!" If you follow the drums you can Go-Go dance your ass off! I always wanted to be a Go-Go dancer when I grew-up. Not just for the cool boots either! Or you can follow the guitar/keyboard for more of a sexy, slinky dance. Hard for me to pick just one. This could also be a great ab workout song. This song is so groovy!
9. Give It All- With help from Alex Kemp, this song has a nice smooth tempo. The feeling of deep, mysterious longing. It's not personalized so it would be great for a movie, like Batman!! When Paul says: "I can see" i can't help but continue with "see you there" I'm gonna have to work on that!
10. Someone Else- The guitar at the beginning of this song makes my heart flutter, lol and continues on throughout the song. This song need a video done on a mountain peak. The guitar shimmer at the end flutters me too.
11. Don't Ask Me Why- I won't ask, but I'll still wonder anyway. Seems to kinda snake it's way along. The Tambourine is very soul soothing.
12. My Favorite Part Of Town- With Deej Hofer, this song is very encouraging! It sends the listener a very positive attitude. Happy, up-beat tempo. Great for walking (through your favorite part of town of course). Promotes self-confidence.
13. Kick- This song is for anyone who has ever fought to keep the love of their lives. How easy could it have been to call this song 'Walk Away'? 'Kick' is so much more fun!! This song envelopes confusion with fight and determination yet simplicity.
14. Shine- A very powerful "God Loves You!"