Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,633
Default

Live In Texas is so good, I actually prefer some of the songs from that album over the originals, and this is coming from the guy who has never attended more than two concerts in his life and thinks very little of live albums in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Screw you all for making me listen to this. It was awful
Meteora has slightly less screaming, if that's what bothers you. "Somewhere I Belong", and "Numb" are scream-less tracks so you can't write Linkin Park off till you listen to that album, or at least those songs.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

I'll always recommend Meteora over Hybrid Theory any day. It's my favorite LP album, ever.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,129
Default

Live In Texas is actually the best live album from that year it was released. It only makes sense to me that people trash this band because it's popular to. Most of the people that do, they don't even give the band any fair chance by listening to an album with an open mind or without all of that negativity against Linkin Park. It's always "there's nothing good about that band, Chester sounds like a boy band wuss, the band can't play their instruments, their music is so simple..."

Yeah, a lot of it is simple. But I think those people are completely overlooking the fact that the majority of their music has a heavy emphasis on rhythm. A Place For My Head is a good example. "I could play that song in my sleep" Yeah...ok, Linkin Park doesn't try making music that is so complex that it takes someone a month or longer to figure out how to play the guitar parts either, so...your point is?

I think people could benefit from just listening to this band without thinking they'll get picked on for it. That's something I think plays a part in why so many people trash Linkin Park. If they admitted they listened to them. Their credibility or taste in music would be put in question. Get over it and screw everyone else's opinion haha.

LP motherf*ckers!
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

To be fair, it's perfectly alright to not like a band, as long as you're not a douche about it. I don't care for them, but I get why some people might, and totally respect that.
__________________
Subscribe to my short film channel or I'll come to your house and **** in places that will leave you confused for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butlord View Post
You don't like girl pop or grindcore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I like how I can masturbate in my room without my roommate noticing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
He probably thinks you're working on the new album.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
To be fair, it's perfectly alright to not like a band, as long as you're not a douche about it.I don't dig 'em, but I can see why some people might, and totally respect that.
Yeah, it is fine to not like the band, I've got no issue with the people that are open about not liking the band but are also not dicks about it. Those people are good in my book. It's the ones that trash the band just to get a rise from someone that annoy me.

Funny thing is that some of those people are closet listeners. So I could always throw that in their face to see how creative they get when they deny it.

Nobody should be hazed or given a hard time because of their music choices. It's sort of pathetic that I even see it here on this forum. If people want to say they can't stand a band someone listens to. Why is it so hard to do it in a respectable manner?

My favorite band is 30 Seconds To Mars, and I could give a sh*t less if people think that band is horesh*t. I don't listen to them because I think they're the best band on Earth, I've got other reasons why I say they're my favorite band. But I won't hide it. I've got a tattoo of the band on my forearm.

If someone said Nickelback was their favorite band. I'd laugh to myself about it. But I wouldn't make them feel bad about it or ashamed of it either. Not a cool thing to do to anyone.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,329
Default

Hey, nothing wrong with 30 Seconds to Mars.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Hey, nothing wrong with 30 Seconds to Mars.
Last time I brought them up. Pretty much %90 of the people that commented, said Jared Leto isn't the best singer and sings every song in the same key. I was like, what, how? I hear plenty of key or tone changes in their music with his singing.

But, whatever. I like the guys singing.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,181
Default

When I was younger I admittedly joined the crowd that said they hatedd LP. I was stupid and wish I could take those moments back because over the years, I've learned that its my own taste and nowadays I will happily defend LP. I think they're great and Meteora is one of my favorite albums. Its got a lot of great memories attached to it.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
When I was younger I admittedly joined the crowd that said they hatedd LP. I was stupid and wish I could take those moments back because over the years, I've learned that its my own taste and nowadays I will happily defend LP. I think they're great and Meteora is one of my favorite albums. Its got a lot of great memories attached to it.
I can't say that I've ever really been part of any hate crowd toward any band. I'd trash talk some, but all in good fun mostly; Nickelback was a popular one for me, joked about how Chad Kroger can't write about anything else other than sex, relationships, money, fame, doesn't branch out and write about much of any other topics.

But even then, what I said wasn't really that bad compared to other people that just enjoyed making people feel bad over the music they enjoy.

Meteora is a good album I guess, but it didn't really stand out to me in a lot of ways. I thought Minutes To Midnight was better, lyrically and instrumentally. I thought Meteora could have been a little less repetitive, but then again, Linkin Park has always been sort of that way with their music. I still enjoy it though.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

CRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWLING IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

THESE WOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNDS THEY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL NOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL


garbage ass song through and through, 0/10
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.