Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #971 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Pretty naive statements in 3 ways, my friend.

1) MB, like any web forum doesn't "need" any posting. What you see is what you get. This goes beyond MB and the the whole effin www to boot. There's a non-internety world out there as well and you shouldn't feel entitled to anything out there either no matter how much you contribute. Yours and everybody's contributions of any kind don't ever necessarily warrant a reward. Contribute what you want to offer regardless of what you get back. Life lesson #1.

2) Shocked? Bitter? At MB? Having those feelings about a web forum is mos def not healthy. It reflects your feelings about all existence. /Life lesson #2

3) I'm a fucking idiot for responding or even reading your post here. I'd rather stop living than be emotionally affected by whatever words people express. Luckily I'm not emotionally affected by that. But I don't like seeing intelligent humans like yourself being too affected by words or lack thereof, and it seems that you are and that's why I bothered to type all this shit.

Okay, I'm done being a didactic bastard for now. I apologize for being a dick if that's what I've just done. If it helps: I haven't looked at MB for a while b/c I'm busy for a change. I may not be back for a while after this. But I'll logon again one day probably soon. I like MB but what people post or don't post here won't ever affect my emotions in a serious way. That shouldn't ever happen to anybody who truly gives a shit about their short, ever-waning life. See wut I mean?
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #972 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

What's your question?

I'm just suggesting improvements to Musicbanter, like the thread title.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #973 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,017
Default

My suggestion for improving Music Banter is that it needs more Engine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #974 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Just sounded a bit like you were on some drugs.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #975 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Pretty naive statements in 3 ways, my friend.

1) MB, like any web forum doesn't "need" any posting. What you see is what you get. This goes beyond MB and the the whole effin www to boot. There's a non-internety world out there as well and you shouldn't feel entitled to anything out there either no matter how much you contribute. Yours and everybody's contributions of any kind don't ever necessarily warrant a reward. Contribute what you want to offer regardless of what you get back. Life lesson #1.

2) Shocked? Bitter? At MB? Having those feelings about a web forum is mos def not healthy. It reflects your feelings about all existence. /Life lesson #2

3) I'm a fucking idiot for responding or even reading your post here. I'd rather stop living than be emotionally affected by whatever words people express. Luckily I'm not emotionally affected by that. But I don't like seeing intelligent humans like yourself being too affected by words or lack thereof, and it seems that you are and that's why I bothered to type all this shit.

Okay, I'm done being a didactic bastard for now. I apologize for being a dick if that's what I've just done. If it helps: I haven't looked at MB for a while b/c I'm busy for a change. I may not be back for a while after this. But I'll logon again one day probably soon. I like MB but what people post or don't post here won't ever affect my emotions in a serious way. That shouldn't ever happen to anybody who truly gives a shit about their short, ever-waning life. See wut I mean?
I like this post engine, and think your cooler for it. I hope this gives you a real-life self esteem boost
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #976 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Just sounded a bit like you were on some drugs.
Not for a long time m'dear. (Un?)fortunately, that post is the Real Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
My suggestion for improving Music Banter is that it needs more Engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
I like this post engine, and think your cooler for it. I hope this gives you a real-life self esteem boost
Aww shucks, guys.
Now I suggest we all go post or not post something and keep MB great.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #977 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Pretty naive statements in 3 ways, my friend.

1) MB, like any web forum doesn't "need" any posting. What you see is what you get. This goes beyond MB and the the whole effin www to boot. There's a non-internety world out there as well and you shouldn't feel entitled to anything out there either no matter how much you contribute. Yours and everybody's contributions of any kind don't ever necessarily warrant a reward. Contribute what you want to offer regardless of what you get back. Life lesson #1.

2) Shocked? Bitter? At MB? Having those feelings about a web forum is mos def not healthy. It reflects your feelings about all existence. /Life lesson #2

3) I'm a fucking idiot for responding or even reading your post here. I'd rather stop living than be emotionally affected by whatever words people express. Luckily I'm not emotionally affected by that. But I don't like seeing intelligent humans like yourself being too affected by words or lack thereof, and it seems that you are and that's why I bothered to type all this shit.

Okay, I'm done being a didactic bastard for now. I apologize for being a dick if that's what I've just done. If it helps: I haven't looked at MB for a while b/c I'm busy for a change. I may not be back for a while after this. But I'll logon again one day probably soon. I like MB but what people post or don't post here won't ever affect my emotions in a serious way. That shouldn't ever happen to anybody who truly gives a shit about their short, ever-waning life. See wut I mean?
I don't agree with everything that you are trying to emit, but I see where your basically coming from.

I like to see other points of view and opinions expressed, whether I completely agree or not. Good post Engine!
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #978 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,949
Default

This has probably been said already, but;

The site is generally quite good, it just needs more contribution.
Would be better if there were more active members, in my opinion.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #979 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
See wut I mean?
No.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #980 (permalink)
 
Zer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,792
Default

I wonder would getting rid of the shoutbox have a positive impact on this place? Some certain members seem to spend most of their time here posting in the shoutbox and not contributing much elsewhere on the site and maybe if the shoutbox was removed there might be a little bit more discussion around here.

Also the shoutbox seems to be the source of a lot of negative drama around here, for example the feud between Boo Boo and Captain Caveman which seemed to dominate the shoutbox a couple of years ago and resulted in bans. There's already been a few other cases this year which spiralled into meaningless arguing.

Sure it's good for a quick chat sometimes but in my view it seems to have a more negative impact on this place than positive. Anybody have any other opinions?
__________________
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.