Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #5311 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Not really sure how thats any worse than you spamming ***got and ****** like its okay. Dont try and justify the popularity contest you benefit from.
Itís funny how people treat people they like better than they treat people they donít like. Itís almost like a meritocracy.

And people who add value to the board are treated better. Like capitalism.

Shrug. Itís just the way of nature. Who are we to whine and complain and want something (like fairness) for nothing?
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:08 PM   #5312 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
I still don't get how that or any of the other things he said are a perma-bannable offense. People mock each other here all the time, and if that was the real issue why didn't a mod that wasn't grindy just message him before banning him? (Maybe they did, I don't know)
What if I called a black person a ****** and clearly meant it? I guarantee you I'd be gone and not coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Not really sure how thats any worse than you spamming ***got and ****** like its okay. Dont try and justify the popularity contest you benefit from.
Maybe because he meant it? Do you not get the difference between joking and being serious? Did I ever call Chula a ***got when we were getting into it? I mean if you don't like the word under any context that's your right but to equate the two is just stupid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:09 PM   #5313 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
I'm pretty sure the fascist mods upped it to permanent.
Idk man. I still support the ban regardless. But we've already gone through this.Don't really feel like repeating myself.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #5314 (permalink)
The Zany Magician
 
Unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Burning Star
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
What if I called a black person a ****** and clearly meant it? I guarantee you I'd be gone and not coming back.
Yeah, but I didn't see where Merit said he hated or expressed hatred towards gay people and called them ***gots.
__________________
Last.FM
RYM
Unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #5315 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,935
Default

Closing this thread temporarily as tempers appear to be rising and I'm not available to adequately moderate at the moment. If you must continue this conversation please take it to PM.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.
WWWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:13 PM   #5316 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,209
Default

N before close
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 AM   #5317 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,143
Default

Merit was banned for attacking me in an antisemitic and homophobic manner. The ban was made permanent after he unapologetically and deceitfully doubled down on that.
Of course we also considered how much hateful and discriminatory stuff he has posted in the years before. For which he has been warned multiple times.
We are indeed quite lenient when it comes to risque jokes and we want to retain a somewhat relaxed approach to that but his stuff went far beyond jokes.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:52 AM   #5318 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,527
Default

That's kind of the problem when you become a conspiracy theorist: it gets far beyond joking pretty quick.
__________________
"Use every man after his desert, and who shall 'scape whipping?"
Zhanteimi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:15 AM   #5319 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Maybe because he meant it? Do you not get the difference between joking and being serious? Did I ever call Chula a ***got when we were getting into it? I mean if you don't like the word under any context that's your right but to equate the two is just stupid.
I get the difference i also understand that you call stuff jokes to get away with saying ****ty things. You act as if jokes cant ever cross the line.

“Youre a waste of human life and should kill yourself. Just kidding! Lol” - dont worry guys i was just being funny.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 02-12-2019 at 06:22 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:20 AM   #5320 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Merit was banned for attacking me in an antisemitic and homophobic manner. The ban was made permanent after he unapologetically and deceitfully doubled down on that.
Of course we also considered how much hateful and discriminatory stuff he has posted in the years before. For which he has been warned multiple times.
We are indeed quite lenient when it comes to risque jokes and we want to retain a somewhat relaxed approach to that but his stuff went far beyond jokes.
Yeah, you never made snarky personal attacks towards MERIT or Chula. Like I said dyanmic sacred cow to justify mod decisions. Maybe if you guys were consistent in your modding you wouldnt get criticized.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.