Missing Posters Bulletin Board - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2022, 02:55 PM   #7391 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 25,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raime View Post
I'm waiting for a gunnels re-entry. I feel like it'll be soon.
Please keep the details of your sex life to yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
5 more days and it will have been a year since OH has posted. He still lurks.
Oh ****. I haven't even started my OH Day shopping! Always creeps up on you, doesn't he? It. It I mean, not he. Maybe.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:30 AM   #7392 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Because you are wrong. Ramones are sheer perfection and the pinnacle of rock music in general.
very true

the pinnacle of human achievement in general tbh
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:32 PM   #7393 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I guess perfect rock is boring af
elph is teaching me this every day on discord
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:28 PM   #7394 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,401
Default

you guys are nerds
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 12:50 PM   #7395 (permalink)
From beyooond the graaave
 
Queen Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The state that proudly brought you Disco Duck
Posts: 1,229
Default

Perfection is boring.

When it comes to rock 'n roll imperfection is the real perfection.

The Shaggs are the perfect rock band.

There. I hope that settles it.
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 02:44 PM   #7396 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
Perfection is boring.

When it comes to rock 'n roll imperfection is the real perfection.

The Shaggs are the perfect rock band.

There. I hope that settles it.
You're just praising the Ramones now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 03:19 PM   #7397 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deli in Winn Dixie in Florida
Posts: 14,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
Perfection is boring.

When it comes to rock 'n roll imperfection is the real perfection.

The Shaggs are the perfect rock band.

There. I hope that settles it.
The Shaggs intend to play everything they play and worked within a professional studio environment, meaning, there's really no imperfections
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #7398 (permalink)
From beyooond the graaave
 
Queen Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The state that proudly brought you Disco Duck
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're just praising the Ramones now.
Not really? Johnny was insanely strict and perfectionist and the way he ran the band was downright authoritarian, which is why his right wing political leanings shouldn't come as that much of a surprise to anyone.

I like the Ramones but if I'm being honest Johnny's disciplined approach is kinda antithetical to what I usually look for in a punk band.

IMO punk rock is at it's best when it's unpredictable and unhinged, and I can't really say that about the Ramones, at the end of the day they just played '60s pop songs really fast and loud, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it by no means sums up everything punk rock is about.
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
A whole bunch of stupid sh*t that I regret

Last edited by Queen Boo; 03-14-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Queen Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 03:58 PM   #7399 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
Not really? Johnny was insanely strict and perfectionist and the way he ran the band was downright authoritarian, which is why his right wing political leanings shouldn't come as that much of a surprise to anyone.

I like the Ramones but if I'm being honest Johnny's disciplined approach is kinda antithetical to what I usually look for in a punk band.

IMO punk rock is at it's best when it's unpredictable and unhinged, and I can't really say that about the Ramones, at the end of the day they just played '60s pop songs really fast and loud, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it by no means sums up everything punk rock is about.
You mean the guys other punk bands said couldn't play their instruments were too perfect? And they don't have to be the most punk rock band ever cause they skipped punk hierarchy jockeying by already being the best rock band of all time before the other bands even had albums out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 04:04 PM   #7400 (permalink)
five by five
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 3,145
Default

Professionalism or ability to play instruments are not really central to what punk is I think. The true essence of punk is the middle finger '**** you' gesture, and the Ramones had plenty of that
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.