How Should MB Be Moderated? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Which statements do you agree the most with? (public poll)
1A. The rules should be applied equally to all members (ex. rules apply equally to mods and users) 15 60.00%
1B. The rules should NOT be applied equally to all members (ex. mods more lenient with regualrs) 8 32.00%
2A. Rules should apply equally to all forums 7 28.00%
2B. Rules should NOT apply equally to all forums (ex. "Safe Zones" less strict) 18 72.00%
3A. Outside safe zones, mod policy should allow for short, nonsense posts 10 40.00%
3B. Outside safe zones, mod policy should discourage short, nonsense posts 13 52.00%
3C. Outside safe zones, mod policy should prohibit short, nonsense posts 2 8.00%
4A. General mod policy should be to react to every instance where a rule is broken 10 40.00%
4B. General mod policy should allow for mods NOT to react to an instance where a rule is broken 15 60.00%
5A. Details of rule enforcement is ultimately between a mod and a user 7 28.00%
5B. Details of rule enforcement can ulimately be subject to other mods scrutiny 4 16.00%
5C. Details of rule enforcement can be subject to public scrutiny 16 64.00%
6A. For punishment, there should be a general policy to use temporary infractions 5 20.00%
6B. For punishment, there should be a general policy to use warnings, infractions / bans 16 64.00%
6C. There should be no general policy for how punishment is carried out 7 28.00%
7A. For rule enforcement, moderators should use a joint, anonymous account 4 16.00%
7B. For rule enforcement, moderators should use their personal accounts 21 84.00%
8A. A new moderation policy should have a trial run first (ex. 1 - 2 months) 18 72.00%
8B. A new moderation policy should NOT have a trial run first (implemented immediately) 5 20.00%
9A. The mod team should be bolstered with additional mods. 13 52.00%
9B. The mod team should NOT be bolstered with additional mods. 6 24.00%
9C. The current mod team should be retained. 17 68.00%
9D. Some or all of the current moderators should be replaced. 6 24.00%
10. Some of my concerns are not listed in the individual items, but I will voice them in a reply. 5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
moon lake inc.
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Now it says Trollheart.


Oh wait...
Here we go back to normal. Just no one leave anymore comments.
Machine is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 4,444
Default

I think tore has done a great job with this poll. It' s a rare opportunity for us to get a clear idea of public opinion on a lot of issues that periodically have turned up in MB discussion threads.

It may look complicated at a glance, but it took me about 2 mins to vote. I would strongly recommend other members to make that slight effort too. The poll results could become a useful resource for mods and regulars alike, to either promote or resist change.

As tore says, there are options to show your approval of the status quo as well as suggestions for change, so I say; let your opinion be heard. The more people who vote, the more representative the poll becomes - and remember what they say; if you don't bother to vote, you can't complain about how things are run!
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

^thats under the impression that the mods will approve/deny anything regardless of poll results. Almost all the mods have expressed their disapproval so knowing that, what is the point?
Key is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 4,079
Default

I have a serious problem with option 8, which operates under the assumption that changes WILL be made.

I voted for every other option though. Not much to explain
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I think tore has done a great job with this poll. It' s a rare opportunity for us to get a clear idea of public opinion on a lot of issues that periodically have turned up in MB discussion threads.

It may look complicated at a glance, but it took me about 2 mins to vote. I would strongly recommend other members to make that slight effort too. The poll results could become a useful resource for mods and regulars alike, to either promote or resist change.

As tore says, there are options to show your approval of the status quo as well as suggestions for change, so I say; let your opinion be heard. The more people who vote, the more representative the poll becomes - and remember what they say; if you don't bother to vote, you can't complain about how things are run!

Brother, some people don't want change you know , rewording it doesn't make their opinions different just means they still feel the same way they did a week ago.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #26 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I think tore has done a great job with this poll. It' s a rare opportunity for us to get a clear idea of public opinion on a lot of issues that periodically have turned up in MB discussion threads.

It may look complicated at a glance, but it took me about 2 mins to vote. I would strongly recommend other members to make that slight effort too. The poll results could become a useful resource for mods and regulars alike, to either promote or resist change.

As tore says, there are options to show your approval of the status quo as well as suggestions for change, so I say; let your opinion be heard. The more people who vote, the more representative the poll becomes - and remember what they say; if you don't bother to vote, you can't complain about how things are run!
Yeah, Lisna, I'm kind of reminded of our govt's desperate attempts to get us to ratify the Lisbon treaty: they had to ask us twice (what, you didn't hear us clearly enough say NO the first time?) and we eventually voted as they wanted us to. I don't agree with the need for any changes, as I've said, and therefore, for me, voting here is just a pointless exercise. I have looked through all the points, and few if any make any sense to me, or would as far as I can see, enrich my life or the running of the forum. Considering the idea has been defeated on a more or less 2-1 basis on both current polls, I honestly don't see why we need a third.

But vote all you want, I can't stop you. I just don't see this one reflecting any different an outcome than the other two have.

Oh, and now I'm running MB, until someone else posts.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #27 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 4,444
Default

Not entirely sure what you are saying, Ki. What have mods expressed their disapproval of ?

My assumption is that the poll provides a statistical base of public opinion which can help anyone, in any future discussion about several different aspects of modding policy. Isn't that sufficient point in itself?

If option X has 10 votes, option Y has 100 votes, it's immediately clear which option is more popular. Whether or not option Y can be implemented is really a seperate issue, but that shouldn't discourage people from voting.
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

^theyve expressed disapproval of changing anything regarding the rules etc. You can see most of them voted No on the previous poll.
Key is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:45 AM   #29 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Rapping Community
Posts: 24,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
^thats under the impression that the mods will approve/deny anything regardless of poll results. Almost all the mods have expressed their disapproval so knowing that, what is the point?
I'm not opposed to making changes if that's what people want.
Janszoon is offline  
Old 06-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 4,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Brother, some people don't want change you know , rewording it doesn't make their opinions different just means they still feel the same way they did a week ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeah, Lisna, I'm kind of reminded of our govt's desperate attempts to get us to ratify the Lisbon treaty: they had to ask us twice (what, you didn't hear us clearly enough say NO the first time?) and we eventually voted as they wanted us to. I don't agree with the need for any changes, as I've said, and therefore, for me, voting here is just a pointless exercise. I have looked through all the points, and few if any make any sense to me, or would as far as I can see, enrich my life or the running of the forum. Considering the idea has been defeated on a more or less 2-1 basis on both current polls, I honestly don't see why we need a third.

But vote all you want, I can't stop you. I just don't see this one reflecting any different an outcome than the other two have.

Oh, and now I'm running MB, until someone else posts.
Are we reading this poll different ways, Roxy and Trollheart? To me, it's just trying to give everyone a chance to show what they'd like. If you don't want any changes you can skim through the options and just pick out the ones that'll leave things as they are.

( Never heard about that Lisbon Treaty referéndum, which sounds both sad and bizarre, but I don't think that's what's going on here. I recommend you put in your "No Change" votes so that the poll results reflect what people actually want.)
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.