One final proposal: towards a new dawn at Music Banter - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Duckett View Post
The point was, my boss wasn't mentioned by me, i said my friend not my boss and thats why i questioned his reading skills.

TH this is a internet forum, not everyone likes The Simpsons and you cant tell anyone not to take the piss out of The Simpsons. Simple as that really, get used to it.

So, pedantic! Someone totally misquotes me, i pull them up on it and that makes me pedantic. You're a dumb as he is, go feck yerself.
How about you just **** off.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #42 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
The fact that you're saying all this to TH makes the point that much clear to literally every single member of this message board. TH is one of the nicest and kindest people on this board and you're acting like a total twat.

But yeah, I thought it was your boss so I guess you win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Duckett View Post
The point was, my boss wasn't mentioned by me, i said my friend not my boss and thats why i questioned his reading skills.

TH this is a internet forum, not everyone likes The Simpsons and you cant tell anyone not to take the piss out of The Simpsons. Simple as that really, get used to it.

So, pedantic! Someone totally misquotes me, i pull them up on it and that makes me pedantic. You're a dumb as he is, go feck yerself.
Um, again, as you said yourself, learn to read. YOU were the one who brought up hating the Simpsons and that everyone who likes them is an idiot. I never mentioned your not being able to slag them off, I said you should not judge people by what cartoon show they happen to like. You certainly should not, in my opinion, refuse to give someone a job because of that. I wonder is it that your boss just hates the Simpsons and channels that (quite irrational) hatred into having power over people or is there a valid reason why he dismisses people even, as you say yourself, if they're otherwise really qualified for the job? Sound exceptionally unfair and biased to me. He should be reported. You can't do that you know.

Oh, hope you enjoyed the Family Guy gif. Got something against that show too?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post


Um, again, as you said yourself, learn to read. YOU were the one who brought up hating the Simpsons and that everyone who likes them is an idiot. I never mentioned your not being able to slag them off, I said you should not judge people by what cartoon show they happen to like. You certainly should not, in my opinion, refuse to give someone a job because of that. I wonder is it that your boss just hates the Simpsons and channels that (quite irrational) hatred into having power over people or is there a valid reason why he dismisses people even, as you say yourself, if they're otherwise really qualified for the job? Sound exceptionally unfair and biased to me. He should be reported. You can't do that you know.

Oh, hope you enjoyed the Family Guy gif. Got something against that show too?
You said it yourself: Don't feed the wildlife.
It's been munching right off your hand in this thread.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
You said it yourself: Don't feed the wildlife.
It's been munching right off your hand in this thread.
Well this wasn't technically a troll just making random comments: these were directed specifically at me, and also Exo. In those cases, when it becomes personal without your having upset them, I think retaliation of some sort is definitely in order. This is one guy who wasn't gonna go away if we ignored him.

Rule 3a, paragraph 9 (subsection 17c): If it gets personal, then all bets are off.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well this wasn't technically a troll just making random comments: these were directed specifically at me, and also Exo. In those cases, when it becomes personal without your having upset them, I think retaliation of some sort is definitely in order. This is one guy who wasn't gonna go away if we ignored him.

Rule 3a, paragraph 9 (subsection 17c): If it gets personal, then all bets are off.
Well, ignoring is my usual way of dealing with condascending pricks and I tend to assume it works much better and pisses them off much more than any kind of argumentation, which usually goes over their heads anyway. Furthermore in my experience ignoring actually makes them go away pretty fast, at least much faster than arguing.
But now I'm paying too much attention to all that, so let's lay it to rest.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Nurse Duckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
How about you just **** off.
How about you just **** off, you could go buy a new dress or something.
Nurse Duckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Duckett View Post
How about you just **** off, you could go buy a new dress or something.
Mocking someone's gender is beyond uncool, so why don't you quit, you stupid fool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #48 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Nurse Duckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Mocking someone's gender is beyond uncool, so why don't you quit, you stupid fool.
I can see why you could assume i was mocking gender, but you'd be wrong.
Nurse Duckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #49 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Duckett View Post
I can see why you could assume i was mocking gender, but you'd be wrong.
How should I interpret, your comment on the dress? Seems rather clear, your intention to cause distress.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
How should I interpret, your comment on the dress? Seems rather clear, your intention to cause distress.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.