Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 06:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default Question on changing avatars

If my avatar has been changed by a mod, and I find it to be incorrect, as in this case it's too dark, can I change it myself or because it's over the max official size (80 x 80) do I have to submit another request? I don't want to be a pain, but I do notice some people changing almost every day and I wonder are you all submitting requests or is there something with my avatar I can do on my own that avoids having to bug the mods all the time?

Also, is there any way to test how your new avvy will look before submitting it?

Thanks guys
TH
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
like i was poison ivy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,372
Default

You would have to request another of you want it to be larger. The only way to test it would be to see what it looks like when sized down after adding it yourself.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Or get a Clancy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

There are some things I won't do for the sake of an avatar...
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,153
Default

The best way to test it is to preview your post when you have your potential avatar in IMG tags. The picture will show up on the post with the way it will look. However, I assume you're referring to the fact that the background of your avatar is the shade of the forum color and not the shade of the avatar area background. Just print screen with the color of the avatar area background, put it into photoshop, put your image over it, then proceed to test the avatar with the IMG tags. It should show up as it would show up as your avatar.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
like i was poison ivy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,372
Default

Or keep Angelina Jolie avatars forever.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
The best way to test it is to preview your post when you have your potential avatar in IMG tags. The picture will show up on the post with the way it will look. However, I assume you're referring to the fact that the background of your avatar is the shade of the forum color and not the shade of the avatar area background. Just print screen with the color of the avatar area background, put it into photoshop, put your image over it, then proceed to test the avatar with the IMG tags. It should show up as it would show up as your avatar.
No I was actually referring to the picture itself, which somehow seemed to come out much darker and less distinct than I had anticipated. Actually, as you say, I've sussed that now. When I post the image in the requests thread, I just preview it and it shows me what it will look like when added. I've gone through about seven choices today and now I think I have the one that hopefully looks the best.

Also, I don't have Photoshop.
But thanks anyway.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Also, thanks to whoever authorised that change --- Goofle or Plankton I'm assuming --- so quickly. Sorry for the hassle and hope this one is a keeper.
Thanks
TH
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No I was actually referring to the picture itself, which somehow seemed to come out much darker and less distinct than I had anticipated. Actually, as you say, I've sussed that now. When I post the image in the requests thread, I just preview it and it shows me what it will look like when added. I've gone through about seven choices today and now I think I have the one that hopefully looks the best.

Also, I don't have Photoshop.
But thanks anyway.
You don't need photoshop specifically, there are a lot of free sites that have photo editors like this one: Photo Editor | Fotor - Free Online Photo Editing & Creatives.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,153
Default

^i use Paint.NET. works really well. Gimp is good too.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.