#downwithfrown - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Should Frownland be stripped of mod status?
Yea! 3,576,814 100.00%
Nay! 13 0.00%
Voters: 3576827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #321 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

Is that good time based on making others cry and leave the site for a good laugh? That's the only problem. Like I said: I'm not against all trolling. Just pushing people beyond their limit and going overboard. There's actually quite a difference between the two. A regular user doing that is just an ass in general. A mod doing it is different because they shouldn't do anything that could cause complaints from other users. That's just common sense.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #322 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
Is that good time based on making others cry and leave the site for a good laugh? That's the only problem. Like I said: I'm not against all trolling. Just pushing people beyond their limit and going overboard. There's actually quite a difference between the two. A regular user doing that is just an ass in general. A mod doing it is different because they shouldn't do anything that could cause complaints from other users. That's just common sense.
I agree with you in terms of your second point, but at this forum specifically, we all have the reputation of pushing people's buttons, and 99% of the time, it results in a good laugh. Again, I don't like the way the mordwyr situation was handled, but that's more the fault of mordwyr not growing a pair and moving on from the situation. He could have 1: quit responding to Frownland's posts in his journal, but he continued to do so. 2: He could have not posted his hiatus thread and took a break on his own merits. But instead, he stooped down to the level that Frownland was also at, which makes both people at fault. We can't put the blame on just one when both were the reason it got escalated. Again, Frownland apologized for it.
Key is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #323 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

^^^^^^^

Well stated Ki.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #324 (permalink)
ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ
 
bulbasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 790
Default

i just imagine 75% of the active posters are angry old dudes, and the other 25% are guy fieri
__________________
last.fm
bulbasaur is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #325 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

I think he did move on. He realized he would not be able to deal with Frown's immaturity and decided to head for a better website. OIf the site's as bad as you claim, then I think he made the right choice. You can't expect him to "grow a pair" after one fight. And as a music user who's attracted to forums, I think he did grow a pair by looking for another website. I would know. I was stuck on a website for a long time because it was pretty active. I was constantly trolled, and it became second nature for people to troll me. So I left. I grew out of a long-held desire that things would just get better and I realized I can do better on another site. So I became more active on RYM. I agree that Mordwyr is at fault as well, but it seems like we'll just end up repeating this scenario in the future because Frownland, not Mordwyr, is pushing other users to do the exact same thing just so he can get a good laugh. Tell me how that is in anyway responsible for a moderator to do? Mordwyr left an already inactive site, and I'm willing to bet it's not the first. If people don't want this scenario to repeat itself so users can stay and the thread can become more popular and active, then the thing that should be purged is the one thing that's just as much at fault as the various users: Frownland's behavior, a common *******/troll behavior, asstroll behavior that shouldn't come from a moderator at all. I can handle a moderator doing some trolling. But there is no way that intentionally pushing a user to his emotional breaking point can be tolerable for staff members to do, not only considering the ethics of it but the aftermath that affects the site itself and not the users who weren't as involved in the scenario. Mordwyr wouldn't be to blame for the behavior of the users that an ******* pushes.

Wait, Frownland APOLOGIZED?
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #326 (permalink)
midnite roles around
 
Tristan_Geoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I agree with you in terms of your second point, but at this forum specifically, we all have the reputation of pushing people's buttons, and 99% of the time, it results in a good laugh. Again, I don't like the way the mordwyr situation was handled, but that's more the fault of mordwyr not growing a pair and moving on from the situation. He could have 1: quit responding to Frownland's posts in his journal, but he continued to do so. 2: He could have not posted his hiatus thread and took a break on his own merits. But instead, he stooped down to the level that Frownland was also at, which makes both people at fault. We can't put the blame on just one when both were the reason it got escalated. Again, Frownland apologized for it.
I agree.

Also, I apoligize for making this thread Frown. Love ya. Always have.
__________________
YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #327 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

You're next, JGuy.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #328 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I think he did move on. He realized he would not be able to deal with Frown's immaturity and decided to head for a better website. OIf the site's as bad as you claim, then I think he made the right choice. You can't expect him to "grow a pair" after one fight. And as a music user who's attracted to forums, I think he did grow a pair by looking for another website. I would know. I was stuck on a website for a long time because it was pretty active. I was constantly trolled, and it became second nature for people to troll me. So I left. I grew out of a long-held desire that things would just get better and I realized I can do better on another site. So I became more active on RYM. I agree that Mordwyr is at fault as well, but it seems like we'll just end up repeating this scenario in the future because Frownland, not Mordwyr, is pushing other users to do the exact same thing just so he can get a good laugh. Tell me how that is in anyway responsible for a moderator to do? Mordwyr left an already inactive site, and I'm willing to bet it's not the first. If people don't want this scenario to repeat itself so users can stay and the thread can become more popular and active, then the thing that should be purged is the one thing that's just as much at fault as the various users: Frownland's behavior, a common *******/troll behavior, asstroll behavior that shouldn't come from a moderator at all. I can handle a moderator doing some trolling. But there is no way that intentionally pushing a user to his emotional breaking point can be tolerable for staff members to do, not only considering the ethics of it but the aftermath that affects the site itself and not the users who weren't as involved in the scenario. Mordwyr wouldn't be to blame for the behavior of the users that an ******* pushes.

Wait, Frownland APOLOGIZED?
Just so we can end this back and forth, I'll say this one thing and drop it and it focuses on the very last thing you said, and I don't want you to think i'm ignoring you because I know where you're coming from. However, yes, Frownland did apologize. He said in a thread, can't remember if it was this one, or another one, but he admitted that it was 85-95% his fault that it escalated. It was as much of an apology as you can get. If mordwyr doesn't want to accept the apology, that's on him. But as I, and many others have stated, he's welcome back with open arms any time. Am I happy with the fact that his twitter account got mentioned here? No, but you know who put a stop to that? Frownland. He told people not to give information that a user is not willing to give out.
Key is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #329 (permalink)
ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ
 
bulbasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 790
Default

someone persuade frownland to turn his apology into a whole separate topic. these drama topics are always a big hit

Re: Hiatus
#apologyfromfrownland

__________________
last.fm
bulbasaur is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 02:27 PM   #330 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
That's what mods are for, at forums specifically. Something goes too far, and it's dealt with. However, to say we should act a certain way on the internet is a bit farfetch'd. People can choose to take things personally or not, but that's not the persons fault if they aren't aware about somebody's sensitivity. Batlord, myself, and others at this forum tell bad jokes to each other all the time, and nobody says a thing. So, if it's really so wrong to do so, you'll have to get everybody at this forum to stop talking **** to each other, if that's how the internet should be run. I'm not going to live up to a higher standard than other people just because one person gets offended. That's their own fault for not expecting it. In mordwyr case, sure, it went a bit too far, and yes, a mod was involved, but that doesn't mean we should change the way we act altogether. He took it personally, and instead made it into this huge thing, instead of ignoring it and moving on.


No one is saying to stop telling your shitty bad jokes between others that you know can take it but if you are around someone that you know is a sensie what's the point of being an asshole and constantly riding them when YOU know they don't like it and you KNOW that it isn't the same nature and banter that you have with your regular denizens that can take it. I'm really against this whole "blah blah blah he should just grow a pair" mentality. You don't have a be a decent person all the time but if you know someone is going to take something the wrong way then leave them the fuck alone and troll someone else that can actually take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Mordwyr was also a massive baby, it doesn't take much to push him over the edge.
You know this yet you still push. That's basically saying you don't give a fuck about him and he can go die in a fire for all you care. People tend to forget just because we are online that there are real people typing the shit that comes onto the forum and they have feelings.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
We have a community of people that know people's limits, and again, if people's limits are touched, then it's to that person to say something instead of taking it too far like it has been done multiple times.
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You're wanting a forum to act a certain way, and not everybody is going to do it. To say that such a thing should exist is not something the internet as a whole is capable of. I'm not going to feel bad if I unintentionally hurt somebody's feelings, because first of all, they should grow a pair and grow up, and secondly, I don't know them personally, so it's not the end of the world.
Maybe I don't know all the details behind this event but weren't you guys at one point intentionally hurting someone's feelings. I get saying something off color and not knowing that it would offend someone but if they speak up and say something about it and you continue to ride them then you are the fucking asshole and something should be done about it. There are rules on this site and there is something about not personally insulting someone that is loosely enforced but I feel like it's saved for situations just like this where you are intentionally hurting someone's feelings. Not just regular insults between members that are just joshing with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
But that's just you throwing moderators into a specific pool, when all they do differently than regular members is clean up spam. I've been part of multiple forums where the moderators **** with the regular members on a daily basis. Just because their name is in blue, are the expected to never have a good time with certain members?
I agree that mods aren't expected to act a certain way but they should be doing more than just cleaning up spam. Like I mentioned earlier about the insult rule and also trying to diffuse situations that get heated especially in political threads by locking them for a bit to let all the parties cool off if they are getting to the point of angrily insulting each other and meaning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur View Post
i just imagine 75% of the active posters are angry old white dudes, and the other 25% are guy fieri


Fixed that for you but accurate.

__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.