Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback (https://www.musicbanter.com/announcements-suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   How To Improve This Place (https://www.musicbanter.com/announcements-suggestions-feedback/92666-how-improve-place.html)

Key 10-22-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2007543)
I literally answered the only question that he asked me.

You mean you missed where he said if this isn't the job for you, maybe get demodded? Wasn't the question but it was an extension of it. Learn to read bruh.

Frownland 10-22-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007551)
You mean you missed where he said if this isn't the job for you, maybe get demodded? Wasn't the question but it was an extension of it. Learn to read bruh.

Oh you mean his silly grudge? Ja I don't care about that so I ignored it.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 2007548)
I know lots of idiots who played WoW for just as long and they definitely should not be making decisions about game design.

I am not one of those idiots.

rostasi 10-22-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluff (Post 2007539)
How long ago?

Yeah, it's been a few months,
but that's because I don't go to any of them anymore.

Mindfulness 10-22-2018 05:25 PM

website is awesome :yeah: woot woot

Exo 10-22-2018 07:40 PM

The following statement includes all members, mods and all.

I find it hilarious that some of the people here that call for a better modded place or general forum improvements are some of the people that are anti-semetic, intolerant to other beliefs, racist, are the first to attack personally or use family as a weapon, or are just so argumentative that nobody can get a word in edge-wise.

You want to improve the forum? Try improving yourself as a human being first.

rostasi 10-22-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007606)
The following statement includes all members, mods and all.

I find it hilarious that some of the people here that call for a better modded place or general forum improvements are some of the people that are anti-semetic, intolerant to other beliefs, racist, are the first to attack personally or use family as a weapon, or are just so argumentative that nobody can get a word in edge-wise.

You want to improve the forum? Try improving yourself as a human being first.

.

OccultHawk 10-22-2018 07:52 PM

I personally with complete sincerity think the forum is much more enjoyable with lots of trolling flaming personal attacks and open bigotry and other forms of offensive rude behavior

I find it amusing and entertaining

My two cents

Key 10-22-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007606)
The following statement includes all members, mods and all.

I find it hilarious that some of the people here that call for a better modded place or general forum improvements are some of the people that are anti-semetic, intolerant to other beliefs, racist, are the first to attack personally or use family as a weapon, or are just so argumentative that nobody can get a word in edge-wise.

You want to improve the forum? Try improving yourself as a human being first.

I've seen this wall of text many times before. What does that tell you.

The Batlord 10-22-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007606)
Try improving yourself as a human being first.

Whoa whoa whoa remember what Treebeard said.

Exo 10-22-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007610)
I've seen this wall of text many times before. What does that tell you.

It tells me that some of the people complaining about how this forum is run are the ones making this forum un-enjoyable.

Key 10-22-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007612)
It tells me that some of the people complaining about how this forum is run are the ones making this forum un-enjoyable.

Well, that's because we have mods who also do that same thing. So it's ok right? Because mods do it too. Not arguing with it, just making a point.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007606)
The following statement includes all members, mods and all.

I find it hilarious that some of the people here that call for a better modded place or general forum improvements are some of the people that are anti-semetic, intolerant to other beliefs, racist, are the first to attack personally or use family as a weapon, or are just so argumentative that nobody can get a word in edge-wise.

You want to improve the forum? Try improving yourself as a human being first.


Cling to that softball strawman for all it's worth!!!

Do your due diligence! RESEARCH! The history of monetary problems on this planet and how they have arisen. We can't FIX problems unless we thoroughly UNDERSTAND them! Any attempt to question the status quo gets met with IGNORANCE. If you are not informed on a subject, simply stay out of the conversation! Or better yet, grow some balls and realize that what I'm talking about actually affects you and that you should care about it, and go do some research or start a dialogue with others so that you can benefit from informative points of view! The world is f*cked up! We CAN fix it though! But not by reverting to old schools of thought like you keep proliferating!

STOP taking the easy way out and calling me a racist for pointing out FACTS. MAN THE F*CK UP and dip your toes into reality for a second. It takes all of 2 seconds to do a google search and see that Ashkenazi Khazars are not Semites, but that wouldn't further your ignorant point of view, would it?

Be smarter.

Exo 10-22-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007613)
Well, that's because we have mods who also do that same thing. So it's ok right? Because mods do it too. Not arguing with it, just making a point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007606)
The following statement includes all members, mods and all.

I find it hilarious that some of the people here that call for a better modded place or general forum improvements are some of the people that are anti-semetic, intolerant to other beliefs, racist, are the first to attack personally or use family as a weapon, or are just so argumentative that nobody can get a word in edge-wise.

You want to improve the forum? Try improving yourself as a human being first.

I included everybody in my statement Kiiii. Please read. I didn't say the mods are saints. I said....what I said.

Key 10-22-2018 07:59 PM

Words are words. Let's see if things improve. Doubtful. But let's see.

rostasi 10-22-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007610)
I've seen this wall of text many times before. What does that tell you.

It tells me that Exo is so on point that it makes Baryshnikov look like a Canadian log-roller.

Exo 10-22-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007614)

Cling to that softball strawman for all it's worth!!!

Do your due diligence! RESEARCH! The history of monetary problems on this planet and how they have arisen. We can't FIX problems unless we thoroughly UNDERSTAND them! Any attempt to question the status quo gets met with IGNORANCE. If you are not informed on a subject, simply stay out of the conversation! Or better yet, grow some balls and realize that what I'm talking about actually affects you and that you should care about it, and go do some research or start a dialogue with others so that you can benefit from informative points of view! The world is f*cked up! We CAN fix it though! But not by reverting to old schools of thought like you keep proliferating!

STOP taking the easy way out and calling me a racist for pointing out FACTS. MAN THE F*CK UP and dip your toes into reality for a second. It takes all of 2 seconds to do a google search and see that Ashkenazi Khazars are not Semites, but that wouldn't further your ignorant point of view, would it?

Be smarter.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKQ...5PoY/giphy.gif

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rostasi (Post 2007617)
It tells me that Exo is so on point that it makes Baryshnikov look like a Canadian log-roller.

OR . . . that applying the same logic, time after time, instead of listening to feedback and making adjustments, is not a good way to operate.

The Batlord 10-22-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007614)
STOP taking the easy way out and calling me a racist for pointing out FACTS. MAN THE F*CK UP and dip your toes into reality for a second. It takes all of 2 seconds to do a google search and see that Ashkenazi Khazars are not Semites, but that wouldn't further your ignorant point of view, would it?

Be smarter.

I did back in the day. I believe your theory is regarded as bunk.

Key 10-22-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rostasi (Post 2007617)
It tells me that Exo is so on point that it makes Baryshnikov look like a Canadian log-roller.

Hey I'd like to see things improve here but at some point, it's time to just realize what this forum is. As OH said, that's just the nature of the forum. And people will (myself included ) spend less time here and not engage as much. Tho...I guess Chula doesn't fall under that since hes...uh...well being Chula.

Exo 10-22-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007620)
OR . . . that applying the same logic, time after time, instead of listening to feedback and making adjustments, is not a good way to operate.

[MERIT]....do you think I'm a good mod? I'm asking seriously. Answer as if my statement in this thread didn't exist as to remove recent thought bias.

Frownland 10-22-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007614)

Cling to that softball strawman for all it's worth!!!

Do your due diligence! RESEARCH! The history of monetary problems on this planet and how they have arisen. We can't FIX problems unless we thoroughly UNDERSTAND them! Any attempt to question the status quo gets met with IGNORANCE. If you are not informed on a subject, simply stay out of the conversation! Or better yet, grow some balls and realize that what I'm talking about actually affects you and that you should care about it, and go do some research or start a dialogue with others so that you can benefit from informative points of view! The world is f*cked up! We CAN fix it though! But not by reverting to old schools of thought like you keep proliferating!

STOP taking the easy way out and calling me a racist for pointing out FACTS. MAN THE F*CK UP and dip your toes into reality for a second. It takes all of 2 seconds to do a google search and see that Ashkenazi Khazars are not Semites, but that wouldn't further your ignorant point of view, would it?

Be smarter.

It only took you 2 seconds of googling to become racist? That sounds like a you problem.

The Batlord 10-22-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007622)
Hey I'd like to see things improve here but at some point, it's time to just realize what this forum is. As OH said, that's just the nature of the forum. And people will (myself included ) spend less time here and not engage as much. Tho...I guess Chula doesn't fall under that since hes...uh...well being Chula.

How can someone contribute to the culture of the forum you now deplore for as many years as you have and then pretend to about face with your nose stuck so high in the air it's circled back around to your anus?

Key 10-22-2018 08:05 PM

Have I been active recently? Not really. I don't see how the years argument works since people change. I don't claim to know everything about the forum, I just observe. I'm not perfect. By any stretch. I'm also not sitting on a high horse like Merit.

The Batlord 10-22-2018 08:07 PM

Nah you're kind of the same person you've been since the under days just with less overt craziness, but the ridiculous sense of self-righteousness intact.

Key 10-22-2018 08:13 PM

Interesting that you know more about me than I do. Thanks Bat.

WWWP 10-22-2018 08:15 PM

omg i'm going to start an mb hot gossip journal ori where you at

The Batlord 10-22-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007636)
Interesting that you know more about me than I do. Thanks Bat.

I think you're confusing me with someone else.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007624)
[MERIT]....do you think I'm a good mod? I'm asking seriously. Answer as if my statement in this thread didn't exist as to remove recent thought bias.

For the most part, ABSOLUTELY. And you should be proud of it. You do a great job! You just get hung up on things that I say about which you lack knowledge. This is why I don't post in certain threads about artists of whom I know little to nothing about.

We should choose our battles wisely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2007626)
It only took you 2 seconds of googling to become racist? That sounds like a you problem.

Nerp. You get off on ignoring facts. Hope that works out for you in the long run :yeah:

Frownland 10-22-2018 08:19 PM

I think we can improve this place by posting about albums that kick ass and saying why we think they kick ass.

Exo 10-22-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007640)
For the most part, ABSOLUTELY. And you should be proud of it. You do a great job! You just get hung up on things that I say about which you lack knowledge. This is why I don't post in certain threads about artists of whom I know little to nothing about.

We should choose our battles wisely.

I think you should just trust me to make the right decisions when applicable. Appreciate the nice words.

Key 10-22-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2007643)
I think you should just trust me to make the right decisions when applicable. Appreciate the nice words.

I'll he sure to point it out when Frown breaks the rules again. That way you actually see it instead of claiming ignorance.

Exo 10-22-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007649)
I'll he sure to point it out when Frown breaks the rules again. That way you actually see it instead of claiming ignorance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007636)
Interesting that you know more about me than I do. Thanks Bat.

Kiiii, in the same way Batlord doesn't know sh*t about your life, you don't know sh*t about what happens in the mod cave when one of us f*cks up.

Lisnaholic 10-22-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007438)
So, for starters, we need to know what powers or abilities that a moderator has, that normal users do not. Also, a list of all people who have been given those powers.

^ It's not easy to find, but there is a list, recently updated by Exo:- https://www.musicbanter.com/showgroups.php

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007469)
Also, still don't see how its necessary to have as many mods as we do when the forum is barely active as it is. Doesn't take more than 1 mod to ban a spammer.

^ I think the number of mods we have now is fine. I have more trust in a consensus opinion coming from a small group than a pronouncement handed out by one or two Mighty Mods.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Back in the Cold War days of Mutually Assured Destruction, NATO began to realize the importance of "flexible response", i.e. a military strategy that allowed for a graded response before going nuclear. At the moment we have warnings and short-term bans before the nuclear option of a permanent ban, but I wonder if mods have ever considered a warning that is coupled with a demand for an apology? Has a mod ever said, "Apologise publicly for your post / erase your post or face a ban"? Maybe that would give another grade of response before the banhammer gets taken out of its glass case in the mod cave.

OccultHawk 10-22-2018 09:36 PM

Mod Cave = Big Gay

Frownland 10-22-2018 09:39 PM

Oh my god it's the gayest. Thank god Google doesn't moderate it. I mean I have plenty of people to text but I'm just not the same if I can't post my dick pics online.

elphenor 10-22-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007469)

This forum can still thrive but the way it's being handled now is a big reason for its dip in activity.

it's been really active as of late

Zhanteimi 10-22-2018 11:13 PM

OP, just start a journal and post your musical musings there. Limit your engagement with the inmates here.

Or come over to r/LetsTalkMusic and be among civilized people.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhanteimi (Post 2007721)
OP, just start a journal and post your musical musings there. Limit your engagement with the inmates here.

Some of these inmates are actually pretty rad :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhanteimi (Post 2007721)
Or come over to r/LetsTalkMusic and be among civilized people.

*Read this in your Daniel Tosh voice*

Let me flush away this 14-year old account and start a new one on a website that I don't use, with a bunch of people that I don't know. I'll get right on that.

windsock 10-22-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rostasi (Post 2007476)
I think the Mods should ride out of town on their Vespas...




...then come back with pizzas for all!

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...ider-Man-4.jpg

Also I got nothing on the whole improvement thing. Place is pretty great to me. Only thing I personally would like is more users to interact with, but that's not really a problem nor is it something "improvable". On the flipside, speaking as a new member, I'm pretty alright with how free-flowing and inconsistent it is here. I've been on music forums before and they've been ****ty because mods have iron poles up their starfishes. But I can call Frown a ****stick and not expect a warning PM or something, and I think that's pretty nice. Feels like I'm actually making friends and not stilted acquaintances.

Also @Ki for the "barely active" bit- this place is more thriving than most other forums of it's caliber. I used to frequent a forum that had an active base of 4-5 members. It got old real ****in' quick.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.