Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback (https://www.musicbanter.com/announcements-suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   How To Improve This Place (https://www.musicbanter.com/announcements-suggestions-feedback/92666-how-improve-place.html)

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 03:49 PM

How To Improve This Place
 
ThePowersThatBe [owners, admins, programmers, coders, etc.], have apparently abandoned this place. They don't respond to emails or messages [or at least those that I send]. We are inmates running the assylum, with a select few inmates being given enhaced powers. We call them "mods."

So, for starters, we need to know what powers or abilities that a moderator has, that normal users do not. Also, a list of all people who have been given those powers [with extra ability comes extra responsibility].

Mods, please reply, and we will go from there.

Frownland 10-22-2018 03:51 PM

  1. Pay the mods a living wage

That's it.

OccultHawk 10-22-2018 03:52 PM

Big Gay!!!

Key 10-22-2018 04:03 PM

Seems like we have a thread like this every month. I'll give my two cents. Part of why my activity is less and less is because the only people not concerned with how this forum is run is the admins and the mods. It's been brought up many times how to improve this place but with this being a forum that is run by mods that also break rules, I don't see that improving.

I don't think mods should have the power to outright ban people. At least not permanent. It should have to go through a process with the other mods before a ban hammer is given. Too many times there have been mods that just pull the trigger to get themselves out of an argument. Warnings should also be given out whether it's a repeat offender or not. It'd also be nice if mods didn't play favorites and pick on those that are well known to get offended.

As far as what else they can do? Well, maybe worry about the forum more and less about your reputation and we should be fine. It just seems like those that speak out are met with negative criticism but someone jokes about rape and everyone, mods included, find it funny. Seems backwards.

Also, still don't see how its necessary to have as many mods as we do when the forum is barely active as it is. Doesn't take more than 1 mod to ban a spammer.

This forum can still thrive but the way it's being handled now is a big reason for its dip in activity. Still don't understand Frown still being mod despite multiple people saying he's not fit for it but yet mods have never seen a reason to demod him. Which I still claim is bs but that's another argument for another time.

Short version: forum could use work but usually that means both mods and the regular members need to agree on how to do that otherwise we go in another circle.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 04:05 PM

Can we please take this seriously?


EDIT: Posted this before I saw your response, Kiiii. Thank you for being constructive.

rostasi 10-22-2018 04:05 PM

I think the Mods should ride out of town on their Vespas...




...then come back with pizzas for all!

OccultHawk 10-22-2018 04:06 PM

I write ten pages on new jazz releases

Crickets

Someone says frown sucks ten pages of analysis

People gonna peep

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007474)
Can we please take this seriously?

I am. Paying the mods will make this place better.

Cuthbert 10-22-2018 04:07 PM

Consistency in modding in other words rules apply to all, not "do I as say not do as I do".

Right wing mods.

Trump thread.

The Batlord 10-22-2018 04:07 PM

Merit, please stop sending emails.

Oriphiel 10-22-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 2007478)
I write ten pages on new jazz releases

Crickets

Someone says frown sucks ten pages of analysis

People gonna peep

Jazz is for old farts

Disco is the Master Genre

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriphiel (Post 2007483)
Jazz is for old farts

Disco is the Master Genre

Goofle and I are losing our **** over the cool disco coming out these days and no one notices.

WWWP 10-22-2018 04:09 PM

Lol ki remember when tore was making similar suggestions years ago and you were adamantly opposed and indeed advocated for the forum to remain the same and suggested anyone who didnt like it should leave and then a bunch of people left

Key 10-22-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2007486)
Lol ki remember when tore was making similar suggestions years ago and you were adamantly opposed and indeed advocated for the forum to remain the same and suggested anyone who didnt like it should leave and then a bunch of people left

Yeah, crazy that years of activity can have an effect on how you see the forum.

Oriphiel 10-22-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2007485)
Goofle and I are losing our **** over the cool disco coming out these days and no one notices.

Gimme gimme gimme

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriphiel (Post 2007496)
Gimme gimme gimme

https://www.musicbanter.com/electron...her-words.html

I meant disco in the old man sense.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2007479)
I am. Paying the mods will make this place better.

This means that you aren't doing as good a job at modding as you could because you don't feel incentivized. Your motivation is money. My motivation is making this forum better. THAT is why you shouldn't be a mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Sexy (Post 2007482)
Merit, please stop sending emails.

Why? I've been a member longer than any of you [14 years] and I have seen some the highs and lows. If anyone has a feel for how this place should be run, it's me.

The Batlord 10-22-2018 04:19 PM

I wouldn't trust you with a Chia Pet.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Sexy (Post 2007501)
I wouldn't trust you with a Chia Pet.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion :yeah:

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007500)
This means that you aren't doing as good a job at modding as you could because you don't feel incentivized. Your motivation is money. My motivation is making this forum better. THAT is why you shouldn't be a mod.

Nah I just think this place would be a lot better if the mods got paid is all.

Cuthbert 10-22-2018 04:21 PM

I think Merit is an outstanding forumista and I'm pleased to hear his views on how the forum should be run.

rostasi 10-22-2018 04:22 PM


grindy 10-22-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007469)
Seems like we have a thread like this every month. I'll give my two cents. Part of why my activity is less and less is because the only people not concerned with how this forum is run is the admins and the mods. It's been brought up many times how to improve this place but with this being a forum that is run by mods that also break rules, I don't see that improving.

I don't think mods should have the power to outright ban people. At least not permanent. It should have to go through a process with the other mods before a ban hammer is given. Too many times there have been mods that just pull the trigger to get themselves out of an argument. Warnings should also be given out whether it's a repeat offender or not. It'd also be nice if mods didn't play favorites and pick on those that are well known to get offended.

As far as what else they can do? Well, maybe worry about the forum more and less about your reputation and we should be fine. It just seems like those that speak out are met with negative criticism but someone jokes about rape and everyone, mods included, find it funny. Seems backwards.

Also, still don't see how its necessary to have as many mods as we do when the forum is barely active as it is. Doesn't take more than 1 mod to ban a spammer.

This forum can still thrive but the way it's being handled now is a big reason for its dip in activity. Still don't understand Frown still being mod despite multiple people saying he's not fit for it but yet mods have never seen a reason to demod him. Which I still claim is bs but that's another argument for another time.

Short version: forum could use work but usually that means both mods and the regular members need to agree on how to do that otherwise we go in another circle.

Bans are usually discussed between us and have been reversed quite often after that.

Key 10-22-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grindy (Post 2007510)
Bans are usually discussed between us and have been reversed quite often after that.

May wanna let Frown know about that then.

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:28 PM

A bit proud of my bogeyman status, ngl.

WWWP 10-22-2018 04:30 PM

A true antihero

grindy 10-22-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007512)
May wanna let Frown know about that then.

If anything he doesn't hand out enough bans.

Cuthbert 10-22-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grindy (Post 2007510)
Bans are usually discussed between us and have been reversed quite often after that.

Can we have Soulflower back? Me and Violet have tried to catch her in Plug but no luck.

grindy 10-22-2018 04:34 PM

Why do we need her? We have elph now to call people racist.

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:35 PM

We got a whole damn faction waiting to call you racist.

[MERIT] 10-22-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2007503)
Nah I just think this place would be a lot better if the mods got paid is all.

It would be a better place if we ALL got paid. So, what's your point? If you don't care enough about the position to do it justice, then ask to be un-modded.

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007523)
So, what's your point?

That paying the mods would make the place better. Let me know which part of that confuses you and I'll gladly go into more detail.

Cuthbert 10-22-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grindy (Post 2007521)
Why do we need her? We have elph now to call people racist.

lol she was nowhere near as bad for that and also she'd have had a lot to post and discuss in the Prince thread and when he died it was a shame she wasn't here, she saw him live but was banned before I could ask what it was like. She had good taste in music. Let her post.

The Batlord 10-22-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluff (Post 2007520)
Can we have Soulflower back? Me and Violet have tried to catch her in Plug but no luck.

Maybe she's got a sixth sense for white guys chasing her.

Key 10-22-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2007524)
That paying the mods would make the place better. Let me know which part of that confuses you and I'll gladly go into more detail.

Therein lies the problem. Instead of responding to Merits question about why you're still here modding, you come back with sass and pull one tiny thing from his overall point and still refuse to answer the question. You do this a lot.

rostasi 10-22-2018 04:46 PM

We've been in other Plug rooms together.
I don't think she wants to come back.

WWWP 10-22-2018 04:54 PM

Have you tried imagining you're having a burger with musicbanter.com?

Cuthbert 10-22-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rostasi (Post 2007532)
We've been in other Plug rooms together.
I don't think she wants to come back.

How long ago?

Frownland 10-22-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiiii (Post 2007531)
Therein lies the problem. Instead of responding to Merits question about why you're still here modding, you come back with sass and pull one tiny thing from his overall point and still refuse to answer the question. You do this a lot.

I literally answered the only question that he asked me.

DwnWthVwls 10-22-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [MERIT] (Post 2007500)
This means that you aren't doing as good a job at modding as you could because you don't feel incentivized. Your motivation is money. My motivation is making this forum better. THAT is why you shouldn't be a mod.


Why? I've been a member longer than any of you [14 years] and I have seen some the highs and lows. If anyone has a feel for how this place should be run, it's me.

I know lots of idiots who played WoW for just as long and they definitely should not be making decisions about game design.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:11 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.