Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Avant Garde/Experimental
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
You must be thinking of another Miles Davis because the one I'm thinking of is an incredibly influential jazz musician.
I was making a funny, Jack Pat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
Aka Cenotaph
 
TockTockTock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I was making a funny, Jack Pat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
It was a joke, jack..
Oh...



Two birds with one stone.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,057
Default

I'll try to dumb it down from now on. Sorry.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #44 (permalink)
Aka Cenotaph
 
TockTockTock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I'll try to dumb it down from now on. Sorry.
It wasn't even a smart joke. I thought you just didn't read my previous message.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
It wasn't even a smart joke. I thought you just didn't read my previous message.
Yet I knew you had .. because it was obvious. Sorry, man. I won't joke with you anymore. I'm obviously not at your level..
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
Aka Cenotaph
 
TockTockTock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Yet I knew you had .. because it was obvious. Sorry, man. I won't joke with you anymore. I'm obviously not at your level..
Whatever you say. You obviously took my joke a little too seriously.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #47 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Whatever you say. You obviously took my joke a little too seriously.
I didn't. All's good in avant garde guitarist land, friend.
I'm more concerned about why you don't like Bailey.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #48 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Oh...



Two birds with one stone.
I actually thought the funniest part was that you objected with "isn't Miles Davis a jazz musician?" instead commenting on the fact that he wasn't... you know... a guitarist.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Aka Cenotaph
 
TockTockTock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I actually thought the funniest part was that you objected with "isn't Miles Davis a jazz musician?" instead commenting on the fact that he wasn't... you know... a guitarist.
I thought it was obvious that he was a trumpet player (although, he did play other instruments).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I didn't. All's good in avant garde guitarist land, friend.
I'm more concerned about why you don't like Bailey.
Good to hear.
Anyways, about Bailey... I have his album Aida, but I didn't find it that appealing. Sure, it's experimental, but it sounds... random. Maybe I'm being obtuse. Maybe you can help.
TockTockTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
I thought it was obvious that he was a trumpet player (although, he plays other instruments).
Strange that you missed the joke then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.