Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Classical
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
perfect hugging size
 
crimepartner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in the hearts of millions
Posts: 171
Default Del shannon

Ive only heard one song of his and its great. does he sing any other good songs? where the hell can I buy his album, its like trying to find treasure
__________________
put that on your biscuits!

Squeeze me ma-ac-a-ro-ni... slap your face with my balo-ni....
crimepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,099
Default

Read this and you'll know why I'm here:- http://www.musicbanter.com/games-lis...ml#post1912126

I don't know much about Del Shannon, but when I get back from work I'm going to track down the mods of 2005 and give them a real roasting for leaving a Del Shannon thread in the Classical Music section!
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,066
Default

I like that one song of his. You know the one. Play it around any old person and they'll hum along to the keyboard solo without fail.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,313
Default

Runaway was the first song I ever remember hearing incredible as that sounds since I wasn't even born yet when it came out (My Mom was pregnant with me at the time). He had some good singles but his albums kind of sucked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Runaway was the first song I ever remember hearing incredible as that sounds since I wasn't even born yet when it came out (My Mom was pregnant with me at the time). He had some good singles but his albums kind of sucked.
Wait. You're saying, right now, that you remember hearing a song whilst in the womb?
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,742
Default

Not sure why the OP uses a foreign language for the definite article (del) but anyway....

The Shannon is the longest river in Ireland, and one of the longest in Europe. It also has the distinction of my being responsible for almost sinking one of Shannon Cruise's pleasure boats around 1988 or so.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Read this and you'll know why I'm here:- http://www.musicbanter.com/games-lis...ml#post1912126

I don't know much about Del Shannon, but when I get back from work I'm going to track down the mods of 2005 and give them a real roasting for leaving a Del Shannon thread in the Classical Music section!
Oh come on, Lisna! Surely even you know that classic, Runaround Sue Suite in C Major, Op. 57?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Wait. You're saying, right now, that you remember hearing a song whilst in the womb?
Scary, huh?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Scary, huh?
It's scary because you actually think you can remember a song you heard before you were born. Humans can't remember things in the womb. You formed a memory yourself. A nice one but it's physically impossible to do what you're saying you did.

This has been a message to ruin the mood by your neighborhood Exo.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,639
Default

I can't remember much from before the age of 8 or around there.

On topic:

Not even sure this is the right thing, but it's the first that comes up when searching Del Shannon on youtube, so... I'm going with it.



50's popular music never really does it for me and I don't think this guy is a very convincing singer either. This track does have some retro atmosphere though, so I could see it being used well in a movie or something.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.