Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Country, Folk & World Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
afrocentric
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i didn't necessarily mean tv country when i said north american. from the videos you linked i get the impression it'll be like a bluegrass festival (ie very traditional) but with only about 10% of the pep. if it's a free trip and you're thing then i'd say pack your bags and remember that 'baiser' means kiss in the dictionary but feck in france.
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!
they'll be non of that
__________________
i changed my mind; i changed my mind;now i'm feeling different

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

didn't mean to imply you'd be the one instigating it. just letting you know of a subtle but significant difference in the language and the slang. as in - if some dude asks you for a baiser he's not asking for a kiss.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
afrocentric
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
didn't mean to imply you'd be the one instigating it. just letting you know of a subtle but significant difference in the language and the slang. as in - if some dude asks you for a baiser he's not asking for a kiss.


no no,...i know,...i'm just sayin,...
oh my
__________________
i changed my mind; i changed my mind;now i'm feeling different

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!
they'll be non of that
What, ya' don't like bluegrass?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
afrocentric
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
What, ya' don't like bluegrass?
that depends,.....can you play upright bass?
__________________
i changed my mind; i changed my mind;now i'm feeling different

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

A bit. I'm left-handed and I've yet to see a lefty bass fiddle, but I can get by backwards. I played an upside down (right-handed) electric 5-string for 2 years, cuz they really needed a bass player, I didn't own a bass and they did, and I absolutely LOVED the music we were making. Off topic, but I figured I'd digress a little.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
afrocentric
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
A bit. I'm left-handed and I've yet to see a lefty bass fiddle, but I can get by backwards. I played an upside down (right-handed) electric 5-string for 2 years, cuz they really needed a bass player, I didn't own a bass and they did, and I absolutely LOVED the music we were making. Off topic, but I figured I'd digress a little.

what kinda stuff were y'all playin?
ahhh digression
__________________
i changed my mind; i changed my mind;now i'm feeling different

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
A bit. I'm left-handed and I've yet to see a lefty bass fiddle, but I can get by backwards. I played an upside down (right-handed) electric 5-string for 2 years, cuz they really needed a bass player, I didn't own a bass and they did, and I absolutely LOVED the music we were making. Off topic, but I figured I'd digress a little.
they don't make lefty upright basses. you restring them the other way...
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
what kinda stuff were y'all playin?
ahhh digression
It was jazz fusion, kinda' on the dark and aggressive side, Drums, Bass, Rhodes/B3, and saxophone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
afrocentric
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
It was jazz fusion, kinda' on the dark and aggressive side, Drums, Bass, Rhodes/B3, and saxophone.
it is my firm belief that every band needs alittle b3
__________________
i changed my mind; i changed my mind;now i'm feeling different

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.