Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Hate Crimes?
Yes 14 34.15%
No 22 53.66%
I Don't Know 2 4.88%
I Don't Care 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
That's the dumbest thing ever when you're under the influence of drugs or alcohol you have know idea of what you're doing it's called blacking out
If you're high/drunk enough to kill someone then you need more than 10 years prison sentence imo.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #42 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
If you're high/drunk enough to kill someone then you need more than 10 years prison sentence imo.
Killing someone in an altered state of mind when you have no idea what you're actually doing is worse than killing someone in a clear state of mind when they're completely aware of their actions?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #43 (permalink)
Whatever
 
Predator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Yeah but what about involuntary manslaughter? What if you were on a roof and you leaned and some rubble fell off and killed someone? By your logic they deserve to the same punishment as someone who loaded up their shotgun and went and blew someones head off. You also ignored the second half of my post, I requote "In addition to that if you killed someone who was shooting up a school I'd guess you'd have to go to jail for murder than right?"
You are nitpicking and looking for a reason to discount his opinion when the reasons you are pointing out don't apply.

He is saying murder. Intentionally killing someone. Manslaughter is not in the discussion. Whipping out your .45 and killing somebody for being *** or black or mexican or winking at your wife or stealing your car or selling your sister meth. It is murder. It is intentionally taking another life. The reason doesn't change the end result.
__________________
Jack be nimble
Jack be quick

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Yeah but "they deserve to face trial for what they did. Not why they did it." Both murdered people.
You can take anything to an extreme to prove a point. There's a line that you cross, in this case self-defense and intention are the two lines.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #45 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
You can take anything to an extreme to prove a point. There's a line that you cross, in this case self-defense and intention are the two lines.
You're contradicting yourself though you'd said the why isn't important its the what. I'm just pointing out the giant flaw in your argument.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Killing someone in an altered state of mind when you have no idea what you're actually doing is worse than killing someone in a clear state of mind when they're completely aware of their actions?
Not morally, but in terms of it's effect on society, yes.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
Whatever
 
Predator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Yeah but "they deserve to face trial for what they did. Not why they did it." Both murdered people.
Yes, face trial for what they did. Not be sentenced based on why they did it.
__________________
Jack be nimble
Jack be quick

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Not morally, but in terms of it's effect on society, yes.
Morality is subjective and what effects on society?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Yes, face trial for what they did. Not be sentenced based on why they did it.
I'm just using Proggy's logic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
You're contradicting yourself though you'd said the why isn't important its the what. I'm just pointing out the giant flaw in your argument.
Predator beat me to it.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #50 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Morality is subjective and what effects on society?
.
The effect of someone dying...Who was attacked...
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.