Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #11291 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 2,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Her abortion one was a real zinger. She should write jokes for people with tolerable voices.
^ Yes, I found her voice to be very grating after a few minutes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Why are you blaming a comedian for being a comedian?
^ I'm blaming a woman for so publicly criticising another woman about her looks. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is responsible for constantly misleading the public. Why pick on her for something she should not be blamed for: her face. Wolf's remark were also a kick in the teeth for women everywhere, who for decades have been pleading: don't judge us for our looks.

Quote:
Anyone sympathetic to that repulsive bull**** lying fat **** also should die.
^ Regardless of how much we dislike SHS sympathizers, thanks to Wolf, there are now thousands more of them. That's why I'm sarcastically saying, "Great job Michelle."

And yes, Wolf did have some good jokes, but for every zinger there was usually a fumble or an unzinger.
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #11292 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,444
Default

Quote:
Why pick on her for something she should not be blamed for: her face
Because it’s a ****ing roast. And she’s ugly.

Quote:
Wolf's remark were also a kick in the teeth for women everywhere, who for decades have been pleading: don't judge us for our looks.
Christ. She’s a comedian not your ****ing therapist.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #11293 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Yes, I found her voice to be very grating after a few minutes too.



^ I'm blaming a woman for so publicly criticising another woman about her looks. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is responsible for constantly misleading the public. Why pick on her for something she should not be blamed for: her face. Wolf's remark were also a kick in the teeth for women everywhere, who for decades have been pleading: don't judge us for our looks.



^ Regardless of how much we dislike SHS sympathizers, thanks to Wolf, there are now thousands more of them. That's why I'm sarcastically saying, "Great job Michelle."

And yes, Wolf did have some good jokes, but for every zinger there was usually a fumble or an unzinger.
I will now expect you to come down on anyone who makes fun of Donald Trump's hair or fake tan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #11294 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,444
Default

Quote:
SHS sympathizers, thanks to Wolf, there are now thousands more
Good. I hate them whether their sympathetic to that ****ing cow or not.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #11295 (permalink)
The Grammer King
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I'm blaming a woman for so publicly criticising another woman about her looks. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is responsible for constantly misleading the public. Why pick on her for something she should not be blamed for: her face. Wolf's remark were also a kick in the teeth for women everywhere, who for decades have been pleading: don't judge us for our looks.
Here is her joke: She burns facts and she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye.

Sounds more like criticism of her dishonesty coupled with a reference to her makeup. This is being breathlessly reported because news is kind of slow, don't give into the hype. This is a non-story and honestly, the comedian was incredibly tame.

And btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
the press's hard-won claims to decency
Those claims were revoked in 2010.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #11296 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,444
Default

Jokes are verboten
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #11297 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 2,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Jokes are verboten
^ First off, nothing wrong with jokes. I don't think I suggested there was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I will now expect you to come down on anyone who makes fun of Donald Trump's hair or fake tan.
^ Secondly, men find it pretty easy to shrug off jokes about their appearance, because they are typically judged by other standards. Also, they don't typically spend time choosing earings, putting on make up to try and look their nicest. Being judged on appearances and not merit is a much more sensitive issue for women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Here is her joke: She burns facts and she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye.

Sounds more like criticism of her dishonesty coupled with a reference to her makeup. This is being breathlessly reported because news is kind of slow, don't give into the hype. This is a non-story and honestly, the comedian was incredibly tame.
^ My guess is that the other SHS joke was more hurtful. The one that said she looked like a character on tv deliberately presented as being cruel and ugly.

My complaint is this: SHS was invited as a guest, sat in full public view without a microphone to defend herself, then insulted to her face for being ugly. To me it's those circumstances that make the joke so cruel, and yes, Michelle Wolf is a comedian, but is that really a carte blanche to say what you like where you like without regard to people's feelings ?

This guy's a comedian too. Does that make this ok?



Finally, quite right, in the grand scheme of things it's a pretty small news item, but long term it's undermined the press's stance of criticizing the pettiness of Trump's tweets, etc. Next time pundits complain that Trump said, "She's too ugly to tempt me into sexual abuse," every GOP lackey has been given a comeback; "The Whitehouse Correspondent's Association countenanced an attack on SHS's looks so don't be hypocritical."
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #11298 (permalink)
The Grammer King
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,718
Default

Lmao likening that to racism (didn't watch the video btw) is over the top man. She was roasting everyone, comedians cut deep and even then, that's hardly cutting deep. Everyone needs to loosen their grip on their pearls. Imagine if she had really gone in on her in a genuinely sexist way, there wouldn't be enough smelling salts in the world for everyone to come to terms with the situation. The whole event reeks of cheap glamour and media masturbation anyway, plus they'll never top MC Rove's performance.

Btw anyone got any good Chris Christie fat jokes?
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #11299 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Lmao likening that to racism (didn't watch the video btw) is over the top man. She was roasting everyone, comedians cut deep and even then, that's hardly cutting deep. Everyone needs to loosen their grip on their pearls. Imagine if she had really gone in on her in a genuinely sexist way, there wouldn't be enough smelling salts in the world for everyone to come to terms with the situation. The whole event reeks of cheap glamour and media masturbation anyway, plus they'll never top MC Rove's performance.

Btw anyone got any good Chris Christie fat jokes?
Here's one: Chris Christie is fat. How fat is he? Very fat.
You can use that one if you like.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #11300 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,444
Default

Quote:
SHS was invited as a guest, sat in full public view without a microphone to defend herself, then insulted to her face for being ugly. To me it's those circumstances that make the joke so cruel, and yes, Michelle Wolf is a comedian, but is that really a carte blanche to say what you like where you like without regard to people's feelings ?
It’s a roast. That’s what roasts are.

Quote:
My guess is that the other SHS joke was more hurtful. The one that said she looked like a character on tv deliberately presented as being cruel and ugly
She is cruel and ugly

I hope it hurt so bad she kills herself.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.