Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #11601 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,905
Default

but are the American soldiers not victims of nationalism and propaganda favoring the elites same as anyone else
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:51 PM   #11602 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
but are the American soldiers not victims of nationalism and propaganda favoring the elites same as anyone else
Thatís something their victims can consider if they choose.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #11603 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Half a million+ Americans were killed or wounded in Vietnam. And we didn't start the war.

Over 61 million Americans and their allies died in WWII. Five times more than Germany, Japan, and their allies. And we didn't start the war.

Stop being so holier than thou, and with the attempts at guilt shaming members here.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #11604 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Half a million+ Americans were killed or wounded in Vietnam. And we didn't start the war.

Over 61 million Americans and their allies died in WWII. Five times more than Germany, Japan, and their allies. And we didn't start the war.

Stop being so holier than thou, and with the attempts at guilt shaming members here.
I understand youíre defensive because your father is a murderer and a war criminal. It only brings shame on you because you try to justify it.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:56 PM   #11605 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I understand youíre defensive because your father is a murderer and a war criminal.
He was a radio operator and never fired a gun, but thanks for the low blow. Wouldn't expect anything else from you. How about you? Got any relatives that fired a gun in a war - I'd like a chance at taking a shot back at you.

You say we're close in age but I'm beginning to not believe you. You come across more like a much younger arrogant punk who doesn't understand the world that we live in - or lived in decades ago.

Tell me, why you always have to go personal when you are pushed up against a wall? Pretty damn lame for a supposed "adult".
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:56 PM   #11606 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Half a million+ Americans were killed or wounded in Vietnam. And we didn't start the war.

Over 61 million Americans and their allies died in WWII. Five times more than Germany, Japan, and their allies. And we didn't start the war.

Stop being so holier than thou, and with the attempts at guilt shaming members here.
I come from a military family dude. I am aware that a lot of people from my country died in wars. Oddly enough, that's a big part of why I'm so strongly against war. I've heard the basic bitch argument for blind worship millions of times. I understand it well because it's been derped out again and again and again by virtually everyone in my sphere and virtually everywhere else in pop culture. That's how I came to the conclusion that it's ****ing stupid.

Jeff Bezos is an existential threat to our country. Here's 10 bucks and some education so that you can act like you've thought about what you've done. Go kill him for me. It's noble.

You don't have to tell me dude. I already know. I'm a dick. Boo ****ing hoo. Go repeat those mantras to yourself to feel better.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #11607 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Tell me, why you always have to go personal when you are pushed up against a wall? Pretty damn lame for a supposed "adult".
Ikr
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #11608 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I come from a military family dude.
Do you consider your family members murderers and war criminals? Ever told them that to their face? I dare you.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:59 PM   #11609 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Ikr
ONCE AGAIN, take shots at me all you want. But leave my family members out of it.

Ikr?
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:02 PM   #11610 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Do you consider your family members murderers and war criminals? Ever told them that to their face? I dare you.
Yes and I have voiced my dissent of war to a good number of them. You know what's weird? Most of them listen and try to have a real dialogue about it.

Those gotchas aren't as strong as they make them look on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
ONCE AGAIN, take shots at me all you want.
No, that's pointless and insults are against the rules. I was just pointing out that it was ironic because you make things personal every time there's a disagreement.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.