The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #13891 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
( On another point raised, Yeah, something a bit off with the way Feinstein concealed then released this story. )
Ford had asked Feinstein to keep her letter confidential.
She didn't want to have to go thru what she is now apparently going to have to deal with.
Leaks to the media had reach "a fever pitch" and the Ford letter was then sent to the FBI because it was no longer containable.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #13892 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Ford had asked Feinstein to keep her letter confidential.
She didn't want to have to go thru what she is now apparently going to have to deal with.
Leaks to the media had reach "a fever pitch" and the Ford letter was then sent to the FBI because it was no longer containable.
Bingo.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:12 PM   #13893 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Make him take a polygraph
Or just have him testify without implementing inaccurate and unreliable technology.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #13894 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

14-story high-rise evacuated in downtown San Diego due to flooding

I saw some live local news coverage of this where the reporter was outside talking to the displaced tenants and there was this one girl he was talking to who was scared since she didn't have anywhere else to go. The reporter voiced a few sympathies but you could tell that he was fiending for some good ole sappy coverage so he really dug in. She cried. It was gross.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #13895 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

When you claim to get raped, so instead of going to the police, you go to a political party to report it . . .
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #13896 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
When you claim to get raped, so instead of going to the police, you go to a political party to report it . . .
STUPID. STUPID. and DUMB.

1. Supposedly it was a sexual assault (not rape) that occurred decades ago.
2. She's already explained in detail why she didn't report it at the time.
3. Look up the stats on how many victims of sexual crimes never report them.
4. Are you working for FOX NEWS? You sound like Hannity with this post.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #13897 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

3. Ive always wondered how you get statistical reports out of unreported crimes..
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #13898 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
3. Ive always wondered how you get statistical reports out of unreported crimes..
Come on man. The numbers are out there in vast quantities. One example:

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/cri...justice-system

Quote:
Of the sexual violence crimes not reported to police from 2005-2010, the victim gave the following reasons for not reporting:

20% feared retaliation
13% believed the police would not do anything to help
13% believed it was a personal matter
8% reported to a different official
8% believed it was not important enough to report
7% did not want to get the perpetrator in trouble
2% believed the police could not do anything to help
30% gave another reason, or did not cite one reason
One in five feared retaliation. Chick was 15 partying with 17-18 year old boys. She's stated that even back then, she feared that Kavanaugh would someday become very powerful in politics. You another of the "blame the victim" faction?
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #13899 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
STUPID. STUPID. and DUMB.

1. Supposedly it was a sexual assault (not rape) that occurred decades ago.
2. She's already explained in detail why she didn't report it at the time.
3. Look up the stats on how many victims of sexual crimes never report them.
4. Are you working for FOX NEWS? You sound like Hannity with this post.
1. Ah, thank you for clarifying the level of sexual deviance, thus rendering my point completely obsolete . . .

2 . She said she called her friend on her cell phone to talk about it after it happened . . in 1982 . . . on her CELL PHONE . . . Gonna let that one sink in.

3. I don't even know how to respond to this . . .

4. Fuck FOX News and Sean Hannity.

Chula, you've gotta stop white knighting. It's not heroic or chivalrous in this case. She is an obvious liar, evidenced by the people that she said where there when it supposedly happened, who ALL renounced her story.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #13900 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
She is an obvious liar.
Case closed. I'll stop posting now Sherlock.
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.