Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #13951 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 12,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
e is a bit silly. There are plenty of people who were popular "jocks" in high school who support Trump as adults. In fact, calling back to the "glory days" probably appeals to that group the most.



Bingo on this though.
He didnít say no ex-jocks support trump he just gave a profile of what probably is a big part of his base
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #13952 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
He didnít say no ex-jocks support trump he just gave a profile of what probably is a big part of his base
I honestly think that the "jocks" might make up a bigger portion.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #13953 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 12,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I honestly think that the "jocks" might make up a bigger portion.
Then why are all these pro sports teams refusing to visit the White House after winning a championship?
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

The government that governs best is the government whose members commit suicide.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #13954 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Then why are all these pro sports teams refusing to visit the White House after winning a championship?
Because those are young jocks currently in their prime. How many jocks in high school make it to the NFL?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #13955 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,278
Default

Does Trump's base include the 15% from 2012 who voted for Obama?

He's definitely someone's midlife crisis, but there's some really interesting stats I've seen that have more twists and turns than a M. Night Shyamalan script on speed.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #13956 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
There's some really interesting stats I've seen that have more twists and turns than a M. Night Shyamalan script on speed.
You're talking 'The Happening", right?



And Frowny, didn't expect you to understand my point since you are/were part of the demographic I was highlighting.

Is Trump your bully too?
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #13957 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You're talking 'The Happening", right?



And Frowny, didn't expect you to understand my point since you are/were part of the demographic I was highlighting.

Is Trump your bully too?
Let's keep ad hominem out of this.

What do you think I missed about your point? There are definitely Trump supporters who fall under the demographic that you describe, but is it as significant a part of his base as you're making it out to be? What makes you say that?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #13958 (permalink)
that DMT world
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post



The GOP base makes up about 50% of the country. Trump's base is the 33%.
uh objectively no

it's something more like 37% Republicans, 44% Democrats, 19% other

but it fluctuates year to year

the other is what decides presidential elections, that would be like the guy that voted Obama last time but Trump this time

Trump's base is clearly much larger than just Republicans, or I suppose it was, before the buyers remorse kicked in, hard to measure that now
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
When Johnny's holding Juliet
It's like he holds his cigarrette
he hangs her on the window ledge
And blows her over London
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #13959 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Too moist.



They all make fun of me for my foiler.
Oh **** yes and they should make fun of us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:07 PM   #13960 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
What makes you say that?
It's based on the people I know, what I read, what I glean from social media, etc.

It's not rocket science.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.