The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #14001 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,827
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Replaced the link, lmk if it works for you now. Sorry, mobile is so fucky.
It works now, thanks . And that is a cool story. Nice to see some common sense applied.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM   #14002 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
ftfy
I think you missed my point in that he grass is always grener. Swedens syatem doesn't come without its own unique set of problems just like America. They are different and depending on your values you can make an argument in favor of either. Id prefer Swedens system, even though id hate only getting paid 1x a month i love the 5 weeks of vacation and other benefits.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #14003 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I think you missed my point in that he grass is always grener. Swedens syatem doesn't come without its own unique set of problems just like America. They are different and depending on your values you can make an argument in favor of either. Id prefer Swedens system, even though id hate only getting paid 1x a month i love the 5 weeks of vacation and other benefits.
I was using a reworking of your statement to point to Anteater telling MicShazam how things work in MicShazam's own country.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #14004 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
he grass is always grener.
Damn that grener he grass.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM   #14005 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
because even after you "fix" capitalism it indeed is still pretty garbage
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #14006 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Well, again, you're wrong:

Cost of Living Index for Country 2018 Mid-Year

....and honestly, people can't seem to address what you're going on about apparently -
either because we're all numbskulls or maybe you keep going all "Bojangles" Robinson on all of us...

...but I will remind others that you can take a flat-earther around the world
to prove to him the world is round, but because of his emotional obstinance to facts,
the best you'll get from him is that the earth is cylindrical.
Denmark good for families and working, but less so for social life – The Post

At the end of the day, there's always a trade off. My point is that living in those countries isn't a Socialist bed of roses and the cost of living is staggeringly high and comparable to places like San Francisco over here. The infrastructure is fine in Denmark, but their neighbor Sweden is a good showcase of why prioritizing your welfare state at the expense of everything else is a recipe for long-term disaster.

Let me know when there's actually some real incentive for a smaller business to set up shop there though. I'd be the first to make the move if there was a good enough reason to do so, especially since the state (in a general sense) seems more efficient than the U.S. at utilizing tax dollars.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-26-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:44 PM   #14007 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Was about to say part of what Elph said above. If you compare wages, costs of living, various amounts of economical help that people who have little money can get and such, you won't have to eat canned beans every day unless you spend most of your money on booze.

It's great as far as reaching some good minimum standard of living.

Businesses will have a harder time than in low-tax countries, of course, but it would be great if those people who start businesses here remember that in return, they get to live in a welfare state. If your goal is just to stuff your pockets, then yes, there are better places to be a capitalist than in Denmark.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #14008 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Isbo complained all the time, he's from Norway no?

except he was just further to the left

because even after you "fix" capitalism it indeed is still pretty garbage
Well im not about to have a debate with your over it since im naive on the subject but having played video games with people all over the world its pretty clear no system is without its problems. It all depends what you expect from the boogieman.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #14009 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
it's all or nothing though, when the next crash rolls around as it has in a completely predictable cycle for the last 100 years, the US is not at all insulated from it, particularly small buiz owners get decimated here
That's true, but nobody is thinking about that when they are doing well and get to keep more of their money. But when things go bad, you might end up living in a cardboard box.

To say nothing of how maybe, a business owner who is doing well should care about the people who aren't doing well instead of considering it "not my problem - it's their own fault!"
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #14010 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 4,444
Default

A third woman, Julie Swetnick, has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault, in a document she has sent to the Senate - pretty convincing as she could face jail time if her document contains lies.

At this point, it looks like Brett "Bad Boy" Kavanaugh has more accusations against him every day. I would imagine that for their own political survival, his supporters will start to peel away as of now. I wonder who will be the last person to insist on defending Kavanaugh's nomination: Trump, Grassley or Anteater?
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.