Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #14851 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Bollocks.

You can use it at the same time as countering an argument so stop trying so hard tbh.
In which case it's pointless because you've already explained why the person is full of **** and are using an ad hominem you got from 4Chan or some comment section populated by other red pill twits. Have you ever seen a liberal use virtue signalling? I haven't. Just internet "skeptics" (i.e. self-important alt right fetus sniffers).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #14852 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
In which case it's pointless because you've already explained why the person is full of **** and are using an ad hominem you got from 4Chan or some comment section populated by other red pill twits. Have you ever seen a liberal use virtue signalling? I haven't. Just internet "skeptics" (i.e. self-important alt right fetus sniffers).
I don't care who uses it, the phrase is absolutely bang on. And if a liberal did use it you'd likely be all for it tbh.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #14853 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,524
Default

And "ad hominem" is usually a deflector term used by people when they're clearly losing an argument. What's your point?
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #14854 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
I don't care who uses it, the phrase is absolutely bang on. And if a liberal did use it you'd likely be all for it tbh.
What are you talking about? You've promoted red pill nonsense in the past, you don't believe in any kind of privilege, you post Pepe memes, you have a redneck limey boner for the British flag, blah blah blah. The only reason you like the phrase is because it's used by people whose social and political views align with your own against people whose views do not. It's just self-indulgent echo chamber bull**** for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #14855 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
And "ad hominem" is usually a deflector term used by people when they're clearly losing an argument. What's your point?
lmao
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #14856 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
What are you talking about? You've promoted red pill nonsense in the past, you don't believe in any kind of privilege, you post Pepe memes, you have a redneck limey boner for the British flag, blah blah blah. The only reason you like the phrase is because it's used by people whose social and political views align with your own against people whose views do not. It's just self-indulgent echo chamber bull**** for you.
This is the third post in a row you've mentioned the phrase 'red pill'. Have you recently discovered it? Look at Charles and his new toy!

I like the phrase because it accurately describes when people make a point out of voicing opinions specifically to get praise or come across as a good person. It is absolutely spot on and it doesn't matter how much you try to accuse me of being alt right.

And stop making stuff up. I never said I never believed in any kind of privilege. That is a blatant lie.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #14857 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
This is the third post in a row you've mentioned the phrase 'red pill'. Have you recently discovered it? Look at Charles and his new toy!

I like the phrase because it accurately describes when people make a point out of voicing opinions specifically to get praise or come across as a good person. It is absolutely spot on and it doesn't matter how much you try to accuse me of being alt right.

And stop making stuff up. I never said I never believed in any kind of privilege. That is a blatant lie.
What privileges do you believe in?

And I don't think you're alt right. I think you're one of those people with alt right leanings who doesn't get what they're sympathizing with (fascists and pseudo-fascists).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #14858 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
I like the phrase because it accurately describes when people make a point out of voicing opinions specifically to get praise or come across as a good person.
Applying assumptions of intent to people making points you don't agree with as a way to discredit them sounds a tiny bit like ad hominem to me.

Your post is racist btw
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:52 AM   #14859 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,639
Default

MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #14860 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
What privileges do you believe in?

And I don't think you're alt right. I think you're one of those people with alt right leanings who doesn't get what they're sympathizing with (fascists and pseudo-fascists).
Then stop banging on about pepe memes.

For those who are unaware Charles is taking about these posts when they are clearly posted as jokes:

https://www.musicbanter.com/1933059-post80.html

https://www.musicbanter.com/1900295-post7027.html
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.