The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #15211 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #15212 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Bit too early to say, but Windsock seems like a closeted conservative borne out of overexposure to an echo chamber on the left.
I'm not sure how you people keep coming to this conclusion. I'm not a conservative. I'm not a fan of Trump, and I disagree with a huge amount of conservative and right-wing politicians across the country, including the ones in my own state. I'm a registered libertarian. Is it because I don't believe in identitarianism and don't target disdain towards the right in every single political MB post I make? Seriously, these attempts at pinning down my political ideology have been pretty off the mark so far.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #15213 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,357
Default

I like all of you

Even Merit, in a weird sort of way

You can all bash my fash anytime

*group hug*
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #15214 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Frown update on recent events:

The way you see the world shows who you are.

Tucker Carlson can burn at the stake with the rest of the culture war sword swingers.

[MERIT] is more interested in lecturing people than having a discussion with them (especially if they dare to disagree with him, at which point he responds with insults and name calling).

66Sexy is a left-leaning jokester who can at least explore an idea.

Fluff isn't racist but he'll always be there to defend racism and racists because quickmafs.

Bit too early to say, but Windsock seems like a closeted conservative borne out of overexposure to an echo chamber on the left.

Anyone equating Nazism with socialism just because it's in the name needs to learn what both of those things mean.

Y'all ****in retarded.

This has been the Frown update.
And I guess elph has nuggets of wisdom interspersed between his "omfg please don't try to help us" try hard bull****.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #15215 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
yeah but what's windsock's opinion on Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris
I don't like Sam Harris and I've listened to/watched a few lectures by Peterson.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #15216 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Nah my room's a ****ing mess. I am a fairly unhappy individual so maybe Peterson has a point there.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #15217 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
I'm not sure how you people keep coming to this conclusion. I'm not a conservative. I'm not a fan of Trump, and I disagree with a huge amount of conservative and right-wing politicians across the country, including the ones in my own state. I'm a registered libertarian. Is it because I don't believe in identitarianism and don't target disdain towards the right in every single political MB post I make? Seriously, these attempts at pinning down my political ideology have been pretty off the mark so far.
I've never met a libertarian who wasn't either an older complete dickbag republican who was just soft on social conservatism (even though in their heart they still were on board) or a young'un who just didn't quite know what they believed in but thought that being a moderate was a real position and not just being confused about what they truly believed. Or even worse a young republican who hated liberalism as much as republicans and hoisted aloft the flag of conservatism but just didn't really care about gay marriage while being willing to suppress it for the sake of the economy. I say even worse cause god those people are *******s but will be alive long enough to make the world suck for a long time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #15218 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Well if I was a dickbag Republican I'd register as such. Don't know many Republicans who voted for Kirsten Gillibrand here in NY.
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #15219 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
[MERIT] is more interested in lecturing people than having a discussion with them (especially if they dare to disagree with him, at which point he responds with insults and name calling)
Which is evidenced by ?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #15220 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
I'm not sure how you people keep coming to this conclusion. I'm not a conservative. I'm not a fan of Trump, and I disagree with a huge amount of conservative and right-wing politicians across the country, including the ones in my own state. I'm a registered libertarian. Is it because I don't believe in identitarianism and don't target disdain towards the right in every single political MB post I make? Seriously, these attempts at pinning down my political ideology have been pretty off the mark so far.
Libertarian=embarrassed Republican.

You start to notice trends after a while and you're aligning pretty cleanly with closet conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Which is evidenced by ?
Your behaviour during my interactions with you.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.